pain

Body: 

Just wondering if it is common to have pain with prolapse? I don't feel pain down there, just feel like I am sitting on something sometimes. My pain is my lower back, right butt cheek (deep aching), and right side wrapping around under my ribs from right side to back. Wondering if that kind of pain is possible, even with some kind of bowel prolapse.

Forum:

Mysterymom, keep in mind that you have had robotic surgeries for removal of gallstones and an ovary. We cannot say what the cause of your pain might be. Some women do have pain especially with uterine prolapse. Garden-variety cystocele and rectocele, not so much (I never did) but some do. Are you doing WW posture? Are you doing too much too fast? This seems like a perpetual topic of conversation lately. - Surviving

I am doing the posture throughout the day as best I can. I have had the bile reflux pain beginning after the first surgery. I would have episodes less and less. This pain is a new feeling. It feels like pulling/muscular in nature from movement and then the bile reflux pain may happen, I think depending on what I have eaten. As I already had posted about issues with constipation, but now am having that fullness feeling, even after going sometimes. And then the right side butt pain. I am sorry, i know you ladies probably get sick of reading all this "info." I am just a little concerned that it could be something bad like colon cancer or something. But I don't want to freak out and go down that trail, so I was wondering if pain could be present with rectocele or bowel prolapse. I am not doing much exercise because I am confused as to where to start. I had posted about having a hiatal hernia, to which Christine had commented not to do the firebreathing or similar exercise yet. Those would probably be the most effective though.

I just think your concerns are a little beyond the scope of this forum. We are just lay folks here, can't really tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing, or what could be causing your discomfort. You know your body best and have to do what feels right to you. Others might comment. - Surviving

I had some achiness in my lower back and cramping when I first discovered my uterine prolapse, but any pain I had after that was from overdoing or not doing posture correctly. Posture is a very mindful process.
Any extreme or unusual pain really should be checked out by a doctor. We really wouldn't know the cause of that.

I started this work four years ago at age 60, in excellent health and at a healthy weight, but decidedly not overly “fit” in the athletic sense. I was over two decades post-partum from the second of my two enormous babes. I had no pain with prolapse (I have cystocele and rectocele). I had no pain from the WW work (I took my time and never worked myself into a tizzy doing it).

Many women come here posting about pain, either new, or caused by other conditions. Some get a harmless type of soreness from working underused body parts or simply trying to do too much too soon. Others have pain that persists or worsens despite their caution. Some women ask about their pain while forgetting to remind us of the other contributing conditions they have, or other missing pieces of the big picture. Pain is certainly common in the post-hyst population, and from what I’ve read from our members, more common with profound unmanaged uterine prolapse than with some other types.

We here on the forum cannot advise anyone about the cause of their pain, or what they should do about it. If you have unresolved or excessive pain, please consult a health practitioner you trust. Anything that we have to say on this forum about pain comes from our own experience with our own bodies, which might be quite different from yours. - Surviving

That's why pain is so individual, each of us experiences it differently, with some having a very high threshold for pain and others very low.
But, it should never be ignored. It is telling you something about your body. Discerning where it is coming from can be problematic at times, but then that is where really listening to your body comes in.
When I was prolapsing, I was also working really hard in the hospice with an all ready screwed up back from heavy lifting. I had constant upper and lower back pain with radiating hip pain that kept me up at night. I finally quit that work, and then found my prolapse. I still had the lower back achiness and cramping, not really differentiating what was my back and what was caused by prolapse. It was when I started doing the whole woman work that my hip started getting better first, that was amazing, because then I could tell the difference. Once I got over myself, and just delved into the work, the achiness and cramping went away , and then the heaviness and burning eased. After about 3 months, I didn't have any pain. knowing I was on the right track, I just continued on, noticing little changes along the way, constipation easing up, bowels running more smoothly because my uterus was lifting off my rectum. Boy, that felt good!
Every change was little and took time, but I wouldn't do this in any different way.
So yes, listen to your bodies, but only each of us as individual are able to tell where their pain is coming from and what the cause might be from; otherwise, professional help is really needed.

Didn't get this with the first baby but the second baby had bad lower back pain on and off for weeks, thought it was linked to the separation in my abdominals because certain posture work or just exercise made it worse, maybe my uterine but to be honest haven't done an internal to check if it's any lower as it would depress me so just carry on. But a really bad lower back ache was a symptom
After baby two

Thanks ladies, my heart tells me that I have a prolapse/muscular imbalance of some kind, though not sure which. I have had so many tests done over the past year and a half that I never want to go the doctor again and I have resorted to trying to find my own "diagnosis." I know that can get you in trouble sometimes. I consider my pain level high, I had 7 children with no epidural. I only say that because, I just know this pain is telling me something, and it is frustrating trying to figure out what. "Saving the Whole Woman" talks a lot about muscles of the pelvis up to the shoulder, maybe I should go back and read that closer. I feel like it is conceivable that the surgery left me with a muscle/ligament weakness which has manifested into prolapse over the year and a half. Safelyheld, thank you for your comments, it sounds like we have a similar type of pain.