Triggers and baby number 2

Body: 

I am a breastfeeding mama of a 1 year old with mild prolapse symptoms that at first felt heartbreaking and terrifying, now a little less so. I have had two episodes where it felt like a tampon was sliding out of me (wasn't wearing one, trying to describe the sensation) and lots of vaginal/anal pressure. Both times were after long car rides (9hrs) and a healthy dose of accompanying stress. Has anyone else noticed their symptoms worsen after road trips and/or stress? Also, I'm worried about becoming pregnant again. Any thoughts? Thank you!!

Just wanted to say hello, car is the worst for me, I have a three prolapses after baby one and have gone On to have another and it wouldn't stop me having more but get working ASAP on posture etc and safety held as given you good advice to do some research and don't panic. Stress and sleep deprivation make me worse. Watch the videos for info on posture so you can get working ASAP

Thanks for the feedback. I've been working on the posture for a few months and I *think* it's helping. I've gone back to an old trick I'd forgotten about: a rolled up yoga mat lengthwise along the spine in the car when I drive. Awkward at first but then feels heavenly. Think I need something under my butt too. Folded towel? Maybe a wedge? Now that I'm reading more on the forum I'm realizing I've had so many symptoms that I pushed to the side while figuring out how to be a new mom. Time to relax, regroup and take a bit more care of me!

Sounds like you're on the right track, Mama Cash. I like the rolled-up yoga mat idea. Probably keeps its shape and does a better job than some of the odd items I stuff back there. I'm actually glad to hear that you didn't let the prolapse obsess you too much right after the birth. So important to focus on that new babe. Prolapse will be there waiting for you when it's time to pay attention to yourself! Something that sooner or later, we all need to do. - Surviving