Honey

Body: 

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the honey situation and my mom. For those who don't remember or haven't read my posts, my mom has been having problems using the hormonal cream, in this case Premarin, for vaginal dryness. Her first symptom was the high tryglicerides which is listed as a side affect of using Premarin. I told her about the honey, but she just wasn't sold on the idea.
Then, her insurance told they weren't going to cover the cost of it anymore, we are talking $220 out of pocket for this stuff! I told her again about the honey and red clover balm. And all the things I read about on the forum.
Well she decided to do some research on her own, and found that Premarin is made from pregnant horse urine. They impregnate a horse, make her stand inside on a concrete floor for 6 months while collecting her urine for this drug. That totally grossed her out, so she decided to finally use the honey.
She has been using it a few times a week and says that it's the best she's ever felt! She also uses a little flax oil, but says the honey is really doing the trick for her post menopausal vagina. Wow!
I asked her about the red clover balm, and she told me it was too expensive, and the honey was working so well that she is going to stick with what she is doing.
I couldn't be happier! I always say that when my time comes, I am going to use the honey, and this is even more reason to do so!
Thanks again Christine!

After my dad died and my mom was still living on her own several hours away from me, I discovered that she was taking Premarin pills. She'd had hyst prior to menopause (I don't know why and never will) and sometime later was put on Premarin by a GP because it was supposed to be good for heart and bones. The widely-publicized findings of the WHI which caused the study to be stopped in 2002, had evidently never reached the ears of this doctor, who continued year after year to prescribe both Premarin and Fosamax to this woman in her 70's. She seemed hesitant to stop even after I told her the story of the pregnant mares, which I don't think she believed (PREgnant MARe, don't you get it Ma?) but when she asked her doctor he of course immediately took her off. She stayed on the Fosamax, which at that time was only just starting to get bad press, and was still taking it up until the day she broke her femur, and never again walked a single step unassisted.

Anyway AG, thanks for the update, another testimonial to nature over pharmaceuticals! - Surviving

Hi surviving,

I too was prescribed Fosamax 4 or 5 years ago. For Osteoporosis. Thankfully I did a lot of research on that particular med, and others in the same class, Bisphosphonates, such as Actonel, Boniva et al. After doing my homework I told my MD that I wouldn't be using Fosamax. he was not too happy. But now, looking back on my decision, I realize it was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. Apart from a host of horrid side effects such as Osteo-Necrosis of the Jaw (one of many, but one of the worst), it was also found that people who had been taking Fosamax and similar meds for 5 years or longer (sometimes even for shorter periods), were getting spontaneous femur fractures. It was on all the broadcast news broadcasts but unfortunately docs still seem to be prescribing this horrible drug. Many people with Osteoporosis use something called Strontium which is a natural product with little or few side effects. One can purchase it online although some healthfood stores may have it.

BTW, most dentists and oral surgeons won't touch you if they know you're on ANY kind of Bisphosphonate med. Something to keep in mind.

sevilla

Wow....I think you might have just explained something that always seemed strange to me. My mom always had good teeth and cared for them very well. A couple of years ago she broke one on an Oreo-type sandwich cookie!! - Surviving

I'm so happy to hear this, Aging!! Honey has saved my life and I still must use it each and every morning to feel comfortable and protected all day long. God save the bees!!

Sevilla and Surviving...they only just discovered the second estrogen receptor in 1996! The natural key for this receptor are phytoestrogens, which cause normal and healthy transcription deep in the cells of our bones, skin, brain and vulva. And what do the pharmaceutical companies do with this marvelous science? They developed SERMS (selective estrogen receptor modulators - like Evista), which try to mimic the actions of phytoestrogens. These drugs can be deadly however, causing blood clots, stroke, etc. Humans have been safely consuming phytoestrogens forever in the form of natural legumes such as beans, red clover, and alfalfa. It is true that the bisphosphonates - like Fosamax - have long been associated with catastrophic femur breaks. Say no to drugs. Food is our medicine!

Christine, could you please explain the honey "treatment" to me? I have honey, clover and manuka and would be willing to use this but I'm not sure how to do this. Thanks, Karin

Karin,
The best honey to use is raw local honey from the area you live in. All you do is put a dab on your finger and insert it vaginally twice a day.
It is good for vaginal dryness and has a very healing affect. I even used it when I had burning in my vagina with great results.

Karin, there are tons of posts on this topic on the forum (use the search box), and here's one from the blog:
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1041

thanks surviving

I am curious about trying the honey to help with some vaginal irritation from my nearly constantly descended prolapses (mostly rectocele) rubbing against my panties positioned right up against my vagina due to my V2 supporter. So I just put a dab on my finger tip, but as for inserting it, how is this done when a prolapse bulge is ever present? Just push things in and up with the honey dabbed finger? And when inserted, do I try to distribute the dab some inside?

Often, to push my bulge upward I will use a tampon in its applicator. Could I add the honey dab to the tip of the tampon and insert it that way? Thanks for any helps with this.

The honey does its work by being placed high up in the vagina, and I don't suppose it matters much how you apply it. But it might be a little messy if you apply it right where it will be in immediate contact with youn underwear. Just experiment. - Surviving

Last night, I gave my bulge the old heave ho up we go, then placed a dab on my finger tip and then inserted it as far up as the length of my finger would allow. Did the same thing this morning, but today I moved my finger around a bit to "distribute" the honey a better. Success.

The raw honey seems to coagulate so I must warm up the small jar container twice per day. Any idea? I find that lying on the bed and raising pelvis helps my fingers to gently return the prolapse with the hone on it. Anymore comments, Ladies?

Does anyone know if honey takes away a yeast infection? And can the honey cause a bladder infection? Thanks

Of course, my dear. Honey has many health benefits including reducing infections and increasing the amount of good bacteria in the digestive track. This has led many to believe it can also be a treatment for yeast. Well, low cost and natural without side effects, honey also helps to speed up the healing. That's why many women chose honey to cope with yeast infection. The antibacterial properties of honey has been confirmed by many studies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3758027/
And in my opinion, honey doesn't cause bladder infection.