butt muscles

Body: 

I find myself constantly having my high abdominals tightened and pulled up, and also my butt muscles tightened. Am I correct in assuming that both of these should be relaxed in ww posture? it amazes me that I always catch myself with these tightened, I don't know why I do that...weird to me.

Forum:

Hi mysterymomof7,
When new to WW I would find that while standing & sorting out washing on my bed to put away , instability of the hips meant that not only did I kind of wobble about, I would be tensing my bottom muscles.
Now I am much more grounded from the feet upward, though I still need to be mindful to relax them while washing the dishes at the sink.
Keep practicing the posture, and belly breathing,which will help relax your high abs, and being mindful and observing what your body is doing is helpful in adjusting as we go. The chest does need to be lifted & after a while you will notice that your abdominal muscles will be a long strong wall without ANY effort other than standing in WWPosture....The exercises help overall foot & body strength & the upper body exercises help strengthen the shoulder girdle, which helps hold the posture.
Remember if you do lean forward do it from the hips.
We were taught to hold our abs in and tuck in our bottoms which results in tension, so when new to WWPosture those muscles need retraining and strengthening to hold the body as nature intended.
Weird - no - just longterm habits we learned that need to be changed.
Great self observation! Something that WW teaches us - so valuable...
Best wishes,
Aussie Soul Sister

Hello Ladies,

Two months and two weeks into this work, I continue to be amazed at what interesting information I glean through self-observation! The more comfortable I am with the variety of body sensations that crop up as I move throughout my day, the more I relish my process.

Interestingly enough, I've also been able to take comfort in...and I never thought I would be in such a place...the fact that my body is never the same two days in a row. Heck, my experience of my body within a day is so all over the place and thanks to this community and this work, I'm less likely to label this a "problem". It's just what is, a mysterious choreography that I'm so grateful to have more ease with and appreciation for. Loving the inner peace :-)

Happy Holidays and blessed be,
Snapcracklepop

Oh so very well said......you have totally grasped the essence of the WW work. It is going on all the time. It can remove all the fear that grips us when we first discover prolapse. Knowledge and understanding of what is really going on makes all the difference, and turns life around. Happy holidays to you!! - Surviving

This does bring some comfort and reassurance-thanks! Merry Christmas to you all!