Exercise ball chairs and tilted chair cushions

Body: 

Hi,
I am new to the WW program, but have book DV wwek ago it arrived) and am moving forward with the exercises and program.

I am 73, in good health very active in my life, no drugs of any kind as I embraced alternative health practices in my 30's....I have been a health trainer for years. However, I had my uterus removed when i was 32, and was diagnosed with a rectocele, which is painful and irritating and have received many good tips in these forums.
My question is regarding using an exercise ball chair for desk work and also the use of the car and seat cushions for proper back alignment that tilt the pelvis, if you know what I mean....are these beneficial and are there any downsides?/

Thanks for any comments/information you ladies may have....

Hi Beingawoman2 and thanks for posting. Wishing you the best of luck with the WW work. I'm assuming that you have read relevant articles and posts on the site, forum and blog that deal with post-hysterectomy prolapse issues. You need to learn to hold the remaining organs forward, and you have a bit of a complication due to lack of a uterus and round ligaments to help with that effort. So do the work gently and with all the patience and confidence you can muster. It is lifelong work for all of us, with or without a uterus.

I have never used an exercise ball to sit on. If you can do it while holding good WW posture with lumbar curvature in place and spine NOT collapsed, and it is otherwise comfortable, then I think it would be fine. But if it moves around and causes you to have to shift position and if you're unable to hold good body position, well, that's not good.

The main thing about driving is to keep something behind your lower back to support that curvature. There are any number of ways you can do this, so experiment. Most car seats are awful on prolapse, but some are more adjustable than others.

Glad to have you here! Keep us posted and feel free to ask anything. - Surviving

Thank you this, it is most helpful and gracious; especially the part about patience and confidence, this is key I feel!
Again regarding the lower back cushions that tilt down and forward, it seems like they tilt the pelvis forward? Is this the correct posture here??
I welcome comments

Well, I don't use cushions myself, and there is quite a wide variety of types of chairs and car seats. So all I can really tell you is that WW posture means protecting and enhancing lower lumbar curvature that has been flattened out over time by bad posture. Once you understand the posture principles, you need to apply them as you go throughout your day. If a particular type of cushion on a particular type of seat gets you closer to the posture, then use it. Also, use the search box, there have been many discussions about personal preferences in this area. - Surviving