ovary removal

Body: 

Christine has commented a lot about hysterectomy and the effects of it on pelvic health and prolapse. Anyone know of any comments or research concerning just one ovary removed or removal of ovaries? I can't seem to find much in the search box.

Thank you it is a help. I am sure the ligaments are cut in some form during ovary removal. I am just not sure how or to what degree. It is hard for me to connect all the pieces and info sometimes. My brain is like mush from dealing with children. Love them, they are blessings, but any mom knows what I am saying. I came across this in one of Christine's articles, but I didn't see an actual link for this video. Can anyone post a link for this or know where I can find it?
"The Whole Woman® recommendation for alleviating SPD is to spend as much time in Whole Woman® posture as possible. The following exercise is one of the most effective for squeezing together the front of the pubic symphysis. Work slowly and gently."

Mysterymom, this exercise is actually a 41-second clip directly off the First Aid for Prolapse dvd. You will find it at 26:18 roughly. They are doing pelvic rocks with legs straight out in front, arms over head in a full moon. Followed by stretch, leaning all the way forward over your legs. - Surviving

thanks-I don't have that video but your description helps!

I recommend that you get a copy. My description was only to direct you there, it does not explain the breathing sequence for this and similar exercise moves that we do. - Surviving

I have found that most of the little video clips on here are directly from The First Aid For Prolapse.
I would have to say that is the most informative and great for those just starting out, because it covers so much to do with day to day life experiences with prolapse.

No wonder I feel like I am missing pieces all of the time-I will work on getting it-thanks

Mysterymom, we know that you have the book, and you have received numerous suggestions from us to get the basic dvd as well. So as they say.....just do it. You won't get very far in this work if you don't make a commitment, even a sacrifice if necessary. And it's unfair to expect us to feed you all this knowledge from these pages. Stop dabbling and start dealing with this. - Surviving

Mysterymom, I want to go back to the original subject of this thread, which is your robotic surgery for ovary removal. Most of us here don't know anything about how that's done or what all the effects might be, in terms of what was severed and how they stitch you up and what types of things might be safe or unsafe afterwards. Just a reminder to anyone here who is making suggestions to you (myself included). - Surviving

Surviving, I am "dabbling" because I have already spent so much time, effort, and money, all of which I don't have much to spare trying to figure out what causes my issues and how I can fix them. I have no specific diagnosis of anything besides arthritis. So my issues "down there" are once again a guess as to what is going on. That is why I find it so hard to plop down $50 here and $50 there. Because I have already spent hundreds before my prolapse symptoms even began, to no avail. I have been trying to glean as much info as possible from the site and the articles Ck has written. I feel like you take my comments the wrong way sometimes and have no patience with me. I am just a fellow human being trying to find my way through this. As for the effects of robotic surgery, from a OB/GYN standpoint they are the same as any other GYN surgery. Everything is supposed to turn out great, it's just a "simple procedure." That is why i thought there might be articles from CK that I had not been able to find concerning ovary removal and prolapse.

I'm not looking for the OB/GYN perspective on your surgery, other than maybe to inquire if you were given any restrictions on your activity because of whatever the surgery itself involved. There is no other way to know if some of the more forceful moves involved in the WW job of bringing the organs forward, would be safe for you. I know you have other health issues too.

It should be becoming clear to you that gyns don't have anything good to offer prolapsed women. I have been doing the work here for almost 5 years. I have never had a formal diagnosis, never consulted with any type of doctor about my prolapse. I diagnosed it myself, and if you have the book, you can do the same. But with your other health concerns, this may not be a way to go that you are comfortable with, and you have to trust your own judgment.

When you post on this forum, there is no guarantee that you will like all the answers. I can stop responding to you, that is no problem. Other members who are reading your posts may not be aware of your other health issues. We concentrate on prolapse management here. If you aren't able to commit to that, you are limiting the help that you might otherwise receive here. - Surviving

When I first started this work, my book was on back order, so I just read everything on the site and did whatever exercises I could find in the video clips, mostly pelvic rocks. Frankly, there is a great amount of information here to get started, but for me the meat and potatoes of this work is in that book and the dvds.
I actually got the first aid for prolapse before my book showed up. That DVD really really helped make things introduced on this site much more clear for me, and then the book gave such great background information and further made things clearer for me.
I only had the book and that DVD for the longest time, and then started adding the other dvds.
Yes, this site is great for starters, but if you don't eventually look further into all this, you will never get the full affects of what whole woman is really all about. At some point we have to just let go and do something. I felt that about whole woman. I had nothing to lose at the point I was at, and luckily that inner voice was telling me to trust in this process.
So glad I listened to that inner voice.

Hello, hope your ok. It is really hard to spend money and research everything with lots of children etc, I am not going to lie I haven't looked back through your posts for age and issues. I was lucky someone lent me the first aid for prolapse DVD and I love it! I brought the second myself cost a fortune as I am UK! But have you tried the library at least for the book? See what you think but I well think the First aid DVD is brilliant