Hips articles

Body: 

For those with hip pain, who might be weighing the merits of Christine's program versus hip surgery, I have been meaning to gather together the various blog articles she wrote during the time she was developing the materials. Some good reading. - Surviving

The Problem of Wiberg (7/1/14)
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1691

PAO - A Devastating Operation (1/6/14)
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1651

A Different Perspective on Hip Pain (12/13/13)
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1605

Contemporary Hip Surgery - Modern Miracle or High Tech Snake Oil? (11/30/13)
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1584

I guess I should probably e-mail this question to WW and I will if I dont get a response here. Just wondering if the hips e-book ever came out? I remember pre ordering it a few years (hoping I'd get access to it quicker since I live in the middle of noewhere). If it'll be awhile, is it possible to order a hard copy and pay the difference? Thanks

Yes, you should email Lanny - see the Contacts tab. - Surviving

Lanny fulfilled all the hips ebooks that were on his list. I am so very sorry if yours was overlooked, Chicka, because I know you had been waiting for it! He will contact you first thing tomorrow. C.

Thanks, Christine. I emailed him a few days ago about it and again now with the invoice. I didn't hear anything yet but my e-mail has been giving me some trouble-- so if I've been contacted please let me know here. Thank you!

Thanks for your patience, Chicka! I forgot to mention it to him when I first saw your post, but now we are sitting in the same room and he got the message! Lanny is logged into the forums a lot because he must continually approve new memberships and delete spammers. But rarely does he read, so he didn't see your first post. It is no problem giving you access to the ebook, we just have to get you two connected. Again, thanks for your support of WW. There are countless moving parts to this business!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I got access to it and am so excited to start reading. Need to find someone to babysit my kids for a few hours now! Lol

I have not posted on the forums in a while. Just as I was trying really hard to do the posture and get started on trying the exercises in the Saving the wholewoman book I fell and fractured my hip seven weeks ago. I have been unable to do any exercise or posture since then as I cannot walk yet without the use of a zimmer, and then probably will have to use crutches. Has anyone here had a fractured hip, and how long until you were able to walk, turn in the bed etc instead of lying on back all the time. My recovery is very slow. Is there any info on the hips dvds about fractures or is it about hip replacement surgery. I don't know where I go from here regarding being able to do much about my prolapse following the wholewoman ideas or whether I should try a pessary as a temporary measure until I'm much better. Thanks for any info, suggestions. Charlene

Christine's Saving your hips book talks extensively about the different hip surgeries and the hips DVD has all the exercises meant to strengthen and work the hips. I don't know to what point you would be able to do them as you heal, but they would be a good idea in the long run.
Maybe someone else will come along that would have a bit more information about that.

I just remember when I worked in the nursing home, we had many ladies come in after hip surgery that went through physical therapy, and then went home. Many of the moves in the Hips DVD would probably be very beneficial, but I don't know which ones you would start with or the repetitions in your particular situation.
Maybe a call to customer service would be in order.

Thank you aging gracefully, I do some physical therapy at the moment. Maybe would consider calling customer service to see if they know what helps but probably I need to give it a bit more time yet too. As far as doing the posture is concerned I'm not able for that now, so kinda lost now as to what to do about the prolapse issues so may do nothing or try pessary for a while. Just wish I knew someone who went through this and got well again and able to do the posture, firebreathing etc.

Charlene - Our dear friend Fab hasn't been here for awhile, but she has a profound uterine prolapse and had a broken hip somewhere in her past. I'm not sure of the sequence or timing. And I'm sure it also depends on how well you were doing with posture and prolapse management BEFORE the injury. In any event I certainly would not abandon the work now! I checked back on some of your recent posts and it didn't sound like you were getting that far with it (hope I'm wrong). - Surviving

Thank you surviving 60. No I wasn't getting very far with the posture for a long while as I wasn't sure it was the right way I was doing it, but I had made up my mind to double my efforts to see if I got results, and was on the verge of ordering some of the dvds to help when this happened to me, so it's put a spanner in the works for now. I will see if I can find some of fab's posts and how she got on after breaking her hip. Thanks.

Thank You Surviving60 for compiling that list re resources about the WW approach to hip issues. That's a great help and resource.
Thank you also for your on-going and valuable service to this forum.
Love & best wishes, wholewomanukx