Estrace Cream

Body: 

I am 58 years old and was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus many years ago but have not had any symptoms. Several months ago I was diagnosed with cystocele. My doctor recommended applying 1 gram of estrace cream 2x a week vaginally. She said if this did not work then we would need to talk about surgery which would include a hysterectomy. i do not want to have surgery. I have asked my accupunturist to help. She has given me some Chinese herbs and I receive a treatment once every 2 weeks. I am also going to see a therapeutic yoga instructor for some poses that would help. I have Christine's First Aid video and Wheel One Yoga video which also help. (I just need to be consistent with use). My question IS: Should I discontinue the estrace cream? I think it has helped but am leary of using any kind of estrogen as both my sister and mother have had breast lumpectomies with radiation (not sure my sister's was a "true" breast cancer). My mother just turned 85 and is a 20 year survivor of breast cancer. My sister is 53. Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

My mom was using Estrace for vaginal dryness for 10 years. I told her about using honey as Christine does, and she loves it. She had raised tryglicerides from using it.
Using it for prolapse is just rediculous and harmful. Hormonal cream is not going to help shift your pelvic organs into your lower belly.
You say you have a couple of Christine's videos, but you don't say how your posture is doing. You can do those videos all day, but if you don't get yourself into strong whole woman posture throughout the day, you will never realize the benefits of it, creating a strong lumbar curvature and getting your pelvic organs pulling forward into your lower belly and away from the vaginal outlet.

What I'm trying to say is that the only relief in your symptoms is postural in nature. It's the mechanics of the body that helps, not what you put on it or in it.
Hope that makes sense to you. You may want to invest in Christine's Saving the Whole Woman book. It explains all things prolapse very well.

Hi Mountaingirlash - you did receive some responses when you posted your question several days ago, right here (maybe you were unable to locate it):

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/comment/49102#comment-49102

I was told to use the vaginal cream because of vaginal atrophy. I was also told that I might or might not have a uterine polyp. I was then told it would be best to have polypectomy and curettage, because a polyp might present and it might be per-cancerous (90% of polyps are benign). Then I learned that creams can PROMOTE uterine fibroid and polyp growth. Gynos always look for reasons to do procedures and they PROMOTE fear! Then, after the procedures fail (75% failure rate on suspension surgery 10 years postmenopausal) the Gynos will ever so gently lead a woman to accept female organ EVISCERATION. Then when hysterectomy fails the Gynos suggest removing removing the labia an suturing the introits closed. After discussing the problems of POP, my husband turned to me and said; "I never before knew how tough life is for women. Society really devalues women once they pass child-bearing age". That's a big yup!

Thanks for posting this Salvage,
More reason to not use that nasty estrogen cream.