Upcoming Conference

Body: 

Hello ladies:
I am new to the website and am learning a lot. I have the book and DVD and am attempting to learn the posture and belly-breathing methods. It hasn't been that long, but I think I will need more help to make sure I am doing all correctly. I workout about 4-5 times a week with weights and lunges and squats and jumping jacks/ burpees. I had been working out with a trainer with heavy weights for 2 years prior to now but have since stopped as I was becoming worse. I have cystocele and rectocele. I am interested in the conference to get me on the right track even though it is in August. Can someone elaborate on what is involved on each day? Do you get a hotel nearby? Should your husband come for support and/or outside activities or is there no time as you will be busy all weekend. How many people are allowed to sign up? I am 48 yrs old and have teenage kids and will need to make arrangements for them. Thank you for your assistance.

Forum:

Hi Eileen,
I can't tell you when the next conference is, usually Christine or surviving let us know a head of time, but if you think your are needing a little extra help, there is also the whole woman practitioners you can check out. At the top of the tool bar is the WW practitioner page that lists all of them. You can see if one is in your area, or even the option of contacting one of them.
Hope that helps some.

Hi Eileen. There is a conference link on the home page, or you can click below:
https://wholewoman.com/newpages/conference/

This is basically just for the dates; nothing else has been finalized as to whether it will be at the Center, or in a hotel venue (where you would most likely be able to stay if you didn't wait until the last minute to book it). It was in a hotel the first year, at the Center twice after that, and I think WW may be considering the hotel thing again. But we don't know yet. Either way, at registration you would be provided with information on nearby hotels and restaurants.

Yes, you are busy all day, and an agenda will be put out on the site as it is being developed. You can certainly bring your husband, though the daytime conference activities do not include spouses. The first year Lanny conducted an event or two specifically for them; when they moved the conference to the Center ( which is small and it is actually their home), any husbands who came were only in evidence at the end of the conference, and when we all took a tram ride up the mountain to have dinner (optional event). At least that was my personal experience of last year, because I happened to be at a hotel where no one else was staying, and was a bit out of the loop socially.

If you want to talk more about this event, you might want to consider giving the Center a call and talking to Lanny. Or e-mail him with any specific questions that you have. It's early still; among other things, Christine is busy teaching the class of new practitioners who will graduate at the conference.

It's a wonderful event. Hope you can make it! - Surviving

hi eileen,

i'm just finishing up the conference arrangements. dates are august 14-16. starts friday evening (6:30 PM) and ends this year at 3:30 PM on sunday.

venue isn't finalized yet. we'll let you know in plenty of time to get reservations. but the dates are firm for travel.

i'll have all the information in the march newsletter. if you're not on the newsletter list, please download christine's article, "why kegels don't work", which you should read anyway if you haven't already, and you'll be put on the newsletter list automatically.

while we'd love to see you at the conference, as aging pointed out, we have practitioners trained and certified by christine in various cities in the US, UK, CA and AU, and women come from around the world to work with christine directly, so the conference is only one of many options for betting personal support.

hope this helps.

lanny (christine's DH)

I appreciate your information. I really want to plan on coming as I believe it will be life changing and informative. One more question and then I will wait for more information to be posted. I live in CHGO, IL and will be traveling from OHARE. Where would you fly into, so I can check on rates? Thank you in advance.

Albuquerque. I live in the northeast and when I came to the first conference, I connected through O'Hare so you should be able to get a direct flight. - Surviving