Trampolines?

Body: 

I mentioned this in my post over in the post partum forum....my doctor recommended a trampoline as a way to tone my muscles, apparently my vaginal walls are stretched thin from childbirth & I'm having some bulging & aching issues.

Has anyone used one? Does it really *not* make things worse?

Thanks! ~Erin

we bought a 13 ' trampoline for the kids ?!?!
i've used it and feel no worse after. its too soon to say if i'm better as i haven't used it more than 2 or 3 times and for short periods.

I don't know how this would work.... We recently bought a trampoline and when i jumped on it, I though I will fall out between my legs. I put my hands on my pelvic floor muscles as I jumped and the impact was obvious and scary. I think there is too much stretching force. This is only my opinion though.

I think it's because it's difficult to control the shape of the spine when we jump that way. I'm doing a lot of controlled jumping on a wooden floor at the Center with the body in a very specific shape and am developing the impression this is one superb way we have to wind things up even tighter than we are able to with other feet-on-the-ground exercise. The establishment is so against any sort of "jarring" exercise, but that notion is simply short-sighted. Of course it is also dependent upon the conditon of each individual and how much work they must do to prepare them to jump.