Improved prolapse and pain

Body: 

I have been following the programme and posture for almost 7 months now and am happy to say that my prolapse symptoms are becomming more manageable all the time. I am at the point where I would not consider having surgery any more. I had a setback due to an injury i inflicted upon myself because I didn't follow the exercises slowly. For 3 months now I haven't done any exercise except for the chair exercises in the Save Your Hips DVD. My problem is that I am in alot of pain. ...all over my body. Sometimes it is my back or my hips, sometimes my legs and hamstrings are sore other times my arms and shoulders are sore. I'm wondering if this is normal because I'm changing my posture and my body is reacting. I'm 60 years old. Has anyone experienced any similar experience or perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I'd appreciate any comments.

Adele

Forum:

Dear steadele,
I'm so pleased you're finding your symptoms have improved and you're in a position where you're considering no having surgery. Not bad for 7 months! I hope you continue to make progress as you continue with the WW posture and WW way. You may find you reach a kind of plateau at some point where your pop health remains relatively stable and the WW work becomes more around maintaining good pop health &/or managing good enough pop health.

I think many women find they ache flowing engaging with the posture and the WW exercises. I guess this is not surprising as many women find they are working muscles that may not have been accessed or used as much before. Also staying in posture requires sustained postural work rather than for just a few minutes whilst doing a posture. I know I used to ache like mad after an aerobics class when I was younger simply because I'd worked my muscles too hard too soon.

It's also possible you're not quite doing it right I guess. If you're luck enough to live near a WW teacher or Christine a 1:1 consultation would be ideal. Another possibility is signing up for a Destination online course which includes a 30' consultation with a WW teacher or having a tel/SKYPE consultation with one one of the teachers.

In any event I would go gently with the posture and the exercises. Remember you've got the rest of your life to do this work. However if you continue to be in pain, personally I would see a doctor just to check whether there's anything else going on.

Wishing you all the best,
wholewomanuk

Hi Steadle,
The posture work nor the exercises should be causing you that much pain. I had some discomfort when starting this work, but nothing extreme. I did hurt my knee from being a little too overzealous when I first started the turnout exercises, but I slowed everything down and it got better.
If this pain continues you may want to get yourself checked out for some other issues that may be happening.
A few months ago my bad shoulder was bothering me so badly I couldn't move it. I went to the chiropractor, and after a few weeks of adjustments, it is back to normal again. I have always had a slight scoliosis, just that little extra twist in the spine can cause problems pulling on the muscles in just such a way to cause pain. And, I do all my stretches and exercises too! He now has me lifting a can up and down on my side and to the front. Also, full arm rotations forwards and backwards.

If I go for a long bike ride after not doing it all winter, I can hurt all over. Underused muscles might be a problem, but that has not been my experience with the whole woman exercises, because they are pretty gentle on the body overall.

Thak you all. I will try the baths, continue doing my best to stay in proper WW Posture and will keep trying to discover what works best for me. It is all so new and different...especially keeping the lower belly relaxed all the time while lifting chest and strengthening my shoulder girdle.