Anyway

Body: 

I am new to life with prolapse and my bulges hit me like a sledgehammer! Anyway, here's my thing:

If I could pee it would be a miracle! If I could poop it would be a dream! Would you like to go to Hawaii? Or maybe France? I would go to the bathroom. Woe is me! I lament over the burden of moving my bowels, of draining my bladder!
When my mother was in a coma my father said he would take care of her no matter what. She hurt him but he loved her so. He loved her anyway. When the doctor told Dad Mom was braindead he prayed for a miracle. He loved her anyway.
Where can I find this kind of love? Do they sell it at Walgreen's? Is it behind the pharmacy counter? Is it very expensive? Can I do a payment plan? Today I pray for a miracle. God, let me love life anyway.

I love your poem, Wildstrawberry. It really hits home for most of us when we first discovered prolapse. You will find your way back to yourself. It may or may not be the same person, but you will love her anyway. That is all part of this journey with Prolapse and life, for gosh sakes.
You really have a way with words and send such a heartfelt message.
Simply lovely, indeed.

I'm starting to realize that there is a lot more to a bulge than a bladder or a bowl. When times were tough in the past I would just go run 10 miles or go on a 2 day hike. Now my body says "No! Not right now". I am also a type A personality, SafelyHeld. I want it all and I want it now! So hard for me to accept that my body and soul needs healing and that it will take time, it will take a patience that I don't yet know. And you are right Aging gracefully. This will be a journey of getting to know the new me, of building a new inner relationship. I hope I get along with her and that she likes nature walks and growing tomatoes and funny movies......or else!

Lol! Oh, I think she will, Wildstrawberry!!

I actually do more than I did before my prolapse, I think as a challenge to myself that I won't let it overcome me.
The first year is the hardest. It's the year of discovery. You may find limitations at first, but as you overcome them, you will be so proud of your new self!
My second year and now into my third, I continue to amaze myself at what I can get my body to do. Last year I did my first ten mile hike and my first 45 mile bike ride, I mean ever! I always had a mental block about my abilities, but I think prolapse brought the stubbornness out of me. I was not going to be a granny sitting in a chair protecting my prolapse the rest of my life. It had to go on my journey with me. And it has been, thanks to Christine's techniques!
This year the sky is the limit!!