PT was a disappointment

Body: 

Went to PT and it was very disappointing. I know that others have had the same experience but I felt like I should try every option anyway especially since I was on a waiting list, blah, blah, blah. I think I was really just wanting for someone in my presence to tell me that they were going to help, that they would care for me, that it was going to be ok. The constant urge to pee is tough to physically handle but my emotional state is the real issue. My bulges are bringing back feelings that came from past traumatic events. My child is 7 months old and I feel like I will never run and jump with her, never take her hiking or fishing or apple picking. Rationally I know that www opens up the possibility for all of those things to happen but my emotions are stuck in a place of tragedy. I am in complete darkness. How do I get refocused and come into the light?

I'm brand new here Wildstrawberry and very much in the darkness with you. Hugs to you. Deep breaths. Let's hug our babies and have faith that with time, and with this work, we will find the light again.

I to wish you the best Wildstrawebrry.

While I don't know your past and story I do know that WW work does help us to love our body in its natural feminine state. It takes time though but you sound like you are really committed to this. Many talk about the path of healing they go on while doing this work and it is not just about prolapse although that is what brings us all here in the beginning.

All the best and do post if we can help.

So I this forum 2 years ago after having an annoying sensation of always having to pee! The good news... It eventually resolved and I was able to go back to Crossfit and teaching group x classes. Unfortunately the feeling is back... But for good reason... I gave birth to a baby girl last week! The last time this happened I ordered the book and also went to pelvic floor therapy! It was nice to be in an eviroment with people that didn't think I was crazy and were determined to help! Find a place that specializes in the pelvic floor! You will get through this... Actually WE will get through this together!

But it will pass or at least not be so extreme after a while. Like Safely, I too get hit with horrible down days but they are getting less as time goes on...I've grieved everything from not being able to carry my 3 year old to my heels and skinny jeans but I'm trying to stay positive and am beginning to realise that I'm becoming healthier all over through this work and the lifestyle changes I'm making to help manage this condition. I'm 14 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant and my skin is great. Pretty shallow huh? But if I'm healing these prolapses, I'll take the other health benefits that come with the territory gladly.
You will get better and find a way to do everything you love again. Trust your body. Listen to it and go easy on yourself for a while. X

Thank you all for the warm and generous responses. When I first watched the First Aid for Prolapse dvd I wanted to reach into the screen and give Christine a big hug! She spoke with precision and authority in a way that was reassuring and easy to grasp.When I spoke to the PT I wanted to reach into her head and shake some sense into her brain! She is a pelvic floor therapist but was not able to answer my questions clearly or specifically regarding prolapse. As I have read many times on this forum, the real work is going to be up to me. I need to regain trust in my body, trust that I can improve with www and just as you said SafelyHeld, fight for hope.
Wildstrawberry
P.s. Congrats on the little one Boymom! And btw, when did the peeing sensation set in the first time and how long did it take to resolve? Any tips?