Lying down on the couch with legs elevated?

Body: 

Quick question - as I'm a newbie and waiting on my WW materials to arrive - I'm watching the March Madness basketball games and have hacked my Ikea couch into a slant board/inversion type thing.

Basically I'm laying flat on the couch (my head and back supported by a tiny pillow) and my legs are propped up at a wedged angle so my feet are about 18" above my head, like this:

Makes my body feel better although too long in this position makes my feet tingly. But it's the only position that allows me to relax sometimes.

Is this a WW-approved posture? I have a retroverted uterus so wondering if I'm squashing things even worse.

Thanks for any advice! Want to know how to relax on the couch and watch TV in the most WW-healthy way!

Forum:

I would not be comfortable in this position, with the blood rushing to my head and my feet falling asleep. I don't think elevating your legs is doing anything for your prolapse one way or the other. Can you sit on the couch with your butt all the way back, and something comfy behind your lower back for support? - Surviving

It doesn't matter when lying down so much. I think I would just gets lots of blood flow to my head with that Ikea bed but it wouldn't affect my organs. I would lie flat if possible. You put a pillow between your knees and have no pillow under your head. You can use a head pillow when on your side (small one) but no need on your back or tummy. You can pop something small under your lumber curve if you like. I find some clothing good or a towel - it needs to be comfortable. And important - relax your belly and whole body when lying down.

Also off the couch and onto the floor if you can. You still want to enjoy the basketball though so move around a bit. On hands and knees relaxed belly, child pose, crossed legged if you can (tall spine - no sloughing, relaxed tummy). I know it's hard when new but do what you can and try and enjoy it. My uterus has prolapsed so in the same boat. It is not retroverted it has just fallen back from being in our lower belly into our vagina but you will read all about that.

Thank you both, I have just laid down a yoga mat and am watching the games from here :) My little dog loves the yoga mat so she's down here with me mimicking my positions... so cute to have a friend join me. Just started watching the WW videos (streaming! woohoo!) and have been alternating the sitting positions like cross-legged, feet out, feet tucked under, etc. and even though it's my first day trying all this I already feel much less pain and aching than the entire last month. I know there will be good and bad days ahead but I'm so grateful for these little tips we can exchange along the way. Happy weekending everyone.

Sounds cozy, Being Human. Enjoy your streaming. I remember the relief that I felt those first days of trying the positions. Sounds like you are in good hands. Enjoy your basketball too! - Sierra

So good you have having a good day.

My couch slopes backwards so I am hardly on it but if it was flat then it would be ok.