Are sit ups ok and how about the ab lounge?

Body: 

Hi i am new at this and have done sit-ups for 20 years and have an ab lounge i am not sure if this is good or not

thanks
please notify for responses :)

thanks kindly

Forum:

Hi doveCA,
That would be a no and a no on this kind of ab work. Anything that tightens and forces your abdominal muscles in is going to be very detrimental to your pelvic organ support system.

Have you had a chance to read around this site and learn about Christine's work? She has researched and brought to us the correct posture to support and how to strengthen our bodies.
Please read around and come back with any questions you have about this work.

It would also be great if you gave us a little information about yourself, if you feel comfortable in doing so.

i got the book and have not read much yet

I am 60 and constipated and started to have prolapse not sure what it is coming out??? i changed my pot habits got the potty stoole, more magnesium loser bowels. Hemorrhoids trying to figure out how to rid them.

Hi doveCA,
Well, my first suggestion would be to start reading that book. It has loads of practical material in it to help you along the way. I know it can seem a daunting task at first, but just take it slowly, and skip around if you need to.

If you are talking about a squatty potty, you might want to rethink that, because it puts you in a position that is not prolapse friendly. There are tons and tons of threads on here about toileting and constipation. Put some of your concerns in the search box for some extra help with that, that will make most sense to you.

The basic thing about constipation is that it is hell on prolapse, so the sooner you can get that under control the better. And, no straining!! That is probably the root cause of your hemroids too.
Getting started on the posture work moving your organs forward into the lower belly, and getting into some good dietary habits will go along way in relieving your constipation as well as your prolapse symptoms.

Just take this work a day at a time, getting a good understanding of the why you are doing it, and the process that will help you along the way.
Best wishes to you.

APPRECIATE the response i have been battling the constipation for 20 years not a new issue... so i manage it with magnesium
will read for sure

Constipation was not new to me either. I had it most of my life, so in finding whole woman, I also learned that I really needed to start working on that aspect as well. So many benefits to this work!!

Never heard of this, so I checked it out on YouTube. No no no no no!!!!! - Surviving

S60 I just watched the Ab Lounger on you tube too. Oh, her poor organs getting all squished.

doveCA please take no offense, prior to understanding this work I never would have thought that was bad just very, very hard work to do. I now know why so much of the ab work I used to do was hard as it was just not right for my body.

I have great abs doveCA and I do no ab work just breathing with WW posture. I'm 37, had 2 kids. Granted I was one of those flat belly people but now I have a round WW belly but it is much stronger.

Welcome to this amazing site. There is alot of help here and it really works but this site will take alittle time to find your way around! The search engine is brilliant . I am 65 and was a keep fit fanatic with trampoline,lol! I have been helped here for the past year and am so glad I did not have an op but used Christine's advice for posture,diet and exercise . It is not a quick fix but it makes sense and does work and you will be healthy, strong and positive if you come here for support. I read parts of the book initially (the rest later ) and then followed the dvd First Aid for Prolapse which covers everything I have just mentioned and can also be 'dipped'into. Look at the posture and sitting guidance and build on that. Be kind to yourself as this is all a bit much to take in at first but u r not alone. I eat lots of veg,fruit and use coconut oil and butter where I can. I drink a fair bit of water and take Udos oil to help make up essential oils in my diet. I walk my dog a lot too but do not get constipation which is a great help if u have Pop! Good luck and do come back here as soon as u need more help. :)