Alcohol

Body: 

Dear WW Ladies,
I have always wanted to ask something. We Hungarians are famous for our wine in Europe. In our culture it is rooted very deeply that we consume wine every day. (Approximately 5 deciliters per day.) I grew up in a family where it was very natural to drink this amount or more daily. For me it is an ever question. Is it bad for prolapse or not, and if it is bad, why, and how it affects our prolapsed organs. To be frank I am a regular alcohol consumer. I always feel it relaxes my pelvic floor. Is it a real problem? I couldn't find anything on this issue about this in Saving the Whole woman.
Budahazya

Forum:

I don't think alchohol affects prolapse one way or the other considering that the cause is postural in nature.
Depending on what studies you read alchohol in moderation is suppose to to actually be good for you.
I have even read on here Christine talking about making her own mead which she seems to enjoy on occasion.
Many cultures, as yours has, incorporate it into a daily routine that is quite normal, so I would say drink your wine as you are used to doing.
I love to have an occasional glass of wine, but I obstain from alchohol in general, because my perimenopausal symptoms seem to get me into a agitated state that is not enjoyable.

There's a lot of research on the anti-inflammatory properties of red wine and I've read a few threads on here about following an anti inflammatory diet to help with symptoms. I'd be pretty sad to have to give up my Friday night glass of wine....

Does anyone know how to make this mead wine that Christine makes? It sounds really good, are there kits ? Would love to try making some. Thanks.