Stumbled upon this...need a WW opinion

Body: 

I stumbled upon this site, did a bit of reading (including checking out some of the links too) and a lot of it does seem to jive with the WW approach (altho not sure about the approach to strengthening the pelvic muscles). Just wondered if there is anything of value here. Thanks. Here's the link... http://mutusystem.com/pelvic-organ-prolapse-why-kegels-arent-enough.html

Forum:

Cecilly, you may get someone who has the time, interest and expertise to analyze these moves from a WW perspective, but I'm not that person. I went right to the home page and saw too much of the wrong stuff there.....strengthening your core and pelvic floor and losing the mummy tummy and getting your old body back.....blah blah blah. - Surviving

I did read some of it, and although this person is kind of getting there, there is too much terminology that goes against what I have learned from whole woman. She says core strengthening for one. The other thing that bothers me is that she talks about the organs falling down instead of back, and doesn't say anything about the organs resting in the lower belly.
The exercises seem strange to me also. I guess some can sit on exercise balls and squeeze muscles down below, but doesn't that sound like a kegel?

To each her own of course, but I wouldn't want to steer away from the teachings of whole woman by confusing it with sites like these. Christine covers everything I need to help my prolapse.

Here is a great thread you may want to reread Cecily:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/5250

Getting your remaining organs moving forward with the whole woman work is probably your best bet at this time.

Dear Cecilly,
Welcome to WW - Christine's approach is holistic, based on years of research and practice.

Other approaches like the one you have looked at are different.
There may be an element of truth to many at first sight, but it now less than a minute to see the differences on all levels...

I know this from taking the time to read Christine's research, and doing WW, and am living proof that her approach works, with benefits far beyond my initial reason for starting here...I had immediate relief from hip joint concussion and worsening prolapse, just by adopting WW posture. The connection with hips made a few weeks later, convinced me of the holistic nature of WW.

It is a paradigm shift to make from so many common beliefs, & I am so glad I made that shift.

Best wishes in your journey,

Aussie Soul Sister

P.S. If you are ready, could you tell us what brings you here and we could direct you to relevant information, while you learn the posture and fundamentals of WW....

Hi Aussie,
Just as a heads up, Cecily has been with us for almost 4 years.

Dear Aging,
maybe my post will help someone so no matter.
Your word "reread" was a clue, though. ;)
Thanks for all your posts, I find them very helpful and encouraging.

Aussie Soul Sister

Yes, your words are always very helpful, and I personally love reading your posts, Aussie Soul Sister.

No disrespect to Cecilly, but it seems that she keeps looking outside of Whole Woman for an answer, and I find that a shame, because as far as I am concerned, everything we need to know about prolapse and how to manage it is right here.

You are so right Dear Aging gracefully,
& thank you so much for your kind words.

I wish the same for Cecily and others, and it can be a shame like you say when people don't take the WW journey, for what ever reason..

much love,
Aussie Soul Sister

Cecilly is indeed one of our members of several years, post-hyst with some indications that a vault prolapse might be in the making. Cecilly, you have received the best possible advice from Christine on many occasions.....gentle but diligent WW work, use of a supporter like the V2 for your walks, and also that it may be time for you to start building a relationship with a surgeon in case it's needed down the road. Sites like MuTu that offer questionable advice to post-partum moms are the LAST place you should be looking right now for answers. You might even consider scheduling a consult with Christine. Wishing you the best - Surviving

I was only curious as even when wading through some of the verbiage that counters WW, there seemed to be some understanding in the right direction (ie referring to alignment as in posture for one). And yes, I've been with the WW approach now for a while. I just wish I could say that the WW posture approach has made a difference with my prolapse situation, but without a uterus, bladder and bowel already dropped out of position with nothing to hold it in place properly, I don't notice much benefit even tho I stay in posture as often as possible, do many of the exercises, jiggling, bending over, etc. I did read some of the comments at the bottom of the home page and posted the WW site link. Haven't checked back tho to see if they're still there or if there has been any further comments. :)

...well, looks like my links have all been removed. That tells me enough!

btw Surviving, I am no longer convinced that I have a vault prolapse going on. Seems very clear now, with further study and self examination, that I have a pronounced bladder and recto else prolapse. I mean, I'm not 100% certain, but the signs seem to indicate less of a vault prolapse. I'm getting ready to move and will try to connect with a good Dr. once I'm settled, but even if it is a vault prolapse starting, I do not want to consider surgery based on what I've read about it. At least not until I am unable to function in an upright position!!!