rebounder use with prolapse

Body: 

Does anybody know if it is safe to use a rebounder as a form of exercise with a prolapse condition? any comments would be appreciated.

Forum:

Hi sweetmarie - You will need to master Whole Woman posture first, which of course takes time and practice. Then, I would rather see you start with some gentle jumping on toes, which allows you to stay in excellent posture and hold the organs forward as you jump, which can be quite beneficial. I think this is preferable to bouncing on a rebounder where it can be difficult to control posture and hold the pelvic organs forward. Virtually any exercise will be either good or bad for prolapse, depending on how you perform it. - Surviving

Hi sweetmarie,
I think once women understand the WW posture and it becomes second nature, then most, but not all, forms of exercise can be participated in. However it may require a bit of 'tweaking'. In this case that would mainly mean being in WW posture pretty much the whole time. So make sure you're thoroughly happy with my WW posture generally before embarking on this.
Good luck,
xwholewomanuk

I used to love my rebounder which I hoped would help my bones but save my knees HOWEVER I had not heard of prolapse or ,sadly, Wholewoman posture. I was up to 50 jumps a day 4 times a week or more! You can guess what is next no doubt? After a few years I had a quite severe prolapse and know that I was not helping by all that bouncing . It is a year later and I am quite confident with ww. posture but will never use a rebounder again even though it may be possible used the right way according to ww. I am eternally grateful to the WW,Uk for all her help and understanding with the posture and exercises. I am doing well with walking and the First Aid for Prolapse dvd. I am 65 now but loved to use a full sized trampoline when I was younger,little did I know!!!

Rebounder questions always surprise me. Before I learned how to support my prolapsed organs, I can't imagine wanting to jump for exercise! Sweetmarie, I see you joined this forum eons ago......are you worsening? Do you know WW posture? - Surviving