Empowering Celebrity Statement

Body: 

Hi Ladies

I wanted to post the comment made by supermodel Gisele Bundchen about why she has left the cat walk (modelling).

I think it is a powerful message to respect our bodies (I am not perfect with this but much better since WW).

Sao Paulo (AFP) - Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who is retiring from the catwalk next week after a two-decade-long career, said in an interview on Saturday that she's quitting after her body "asked her to stop."..... "my body tells me if what I do is worth it, and it asked to stop. I respect my body".... "I don't see how to continue (modeling on the catwalk) ... and stopping will leave room for other projects I have for myself," Bundchen said

Full Article:
http://news.yahoo.com/supermodel-gisele-says-body-asked-stop-runway-life...

This is great, but she left the message so vague as to be almost non-existent. Wish we knew what her body told her. This is almost like a teaser. Give us a more empowering message, GB - Surviving

I agree S60 but at least it is something. Celebrities normally talk as if everything is perfect so I like it when things are slightly real - moving in the right direction perhaps.

Thanks for posting about this A&L.

I like when someone goes public about listening to their body and making a choice guided by what they hear. I read the comments attached to the piece as well (sometimes I just can't help myself) and many folks were missing the point in my opinion.

Here's to heeding the wisdom that our bodies gift us,
Snapcracklepop