LRO

Body: 

LRO welcome to the forum. I'm starting a new thread because I want Wild Strawberry's story to stand on it's own.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby and that your prolapse has hit you at such a difficult time. It sounds like you've been taking good care of yourself though and I'm really glad that you found Whole Woman.

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

Snapcracklepop

Want to add my welcome and to thank you for a great post. You are well on your way to liberation from the fears that a prolapse can bring. Some of us need a big wake-up call to the fact that prolapse is a manageable and benign condition with a big silver lining. Please keep us posted on your progress and feel free to ask us anything. - Surviving

I have just read your comment and was so affected by what you wrote. I don't know how I would have coped with the shocking loss of a baby and on top of that to be dealing with a body that isn't working as once it did... I can't express myself well enough here but wanted to thank you for telling us about what happened to you. i know how lucky I am but you have brought it home to me so powerfully today. I wish you speedy healing - in all senses of the word.

Thank you ladies for your kind words and support. I was certainly not trying to take the focus away from Wild Strawberry's story. I hope my words offered someone -- anyone -- some encouragement that not *everything* in their life has fallen apart. I have felt that my entire life has fallen apart at many times over the past few months, but I do have to remind myself that even with my immense grief and the emotional, physical and financial aftermath of my baby's death and my subsequent health issues, I can still name a couple of things in my life that are okay.

If this forum has taught me anything, it's that prolapse is *not* a tragedy; it is a COMMON health issue that shouldn't be happening ... but it is not a tragedy specific to me. Everyone else's stories have helped me deal with it and come to terms with it.

Hi LRO,
Your post was very well spoken and appropriate. Some get a little sensitive on here, but don't think that you did anything wrong, because you didn't.
Those of us that have been practicing whole woman for awhile now know specifically that prolapse really is something you can live with and manage very well on a day to day basis. Actually, since finding prolapse and getting over that initial shock of it, I have only been challenging myself more and more. I try to do and succeed at many things I may not have in the past, just to prove I can do it. Heavy lifting is still,off the table for me, but I do most anything else without fear.

I truly appreciate your candid words and my heart goes out to you with hopes of continued healing.

LRO, if my creating a separate thread prompted you to think that somehow you did something wrong...that was not my intention. Just as I wanted to let Wild Strawberry's space be hers, I wanted one for you too.

And Aging Gracefully if "some get a little sensitive on here" refers to me and my way, then yes I'm sensitive and proud to have this attribute :-) It takes all types and I appreciate everyone's way as being "their way" and welcome the differences between us all.

In the spirit of the origin of the holiday, I hope that everyone had a blessed Mothers for Peace Day. True peace, not just the absence of war on our planet, but peace with the extraordinary challenges that life serves up for us and of course peace with our POP, wherever we are in our journey.

Snapcracklepop

Snapcrackelpop,
In my opinion, it just wasn't your place to do that. You took a situation and blew it out of proportion, and now people are feeling bad.

Threads get hijacked every day on this forum, usually by newbies who aren't paying attention and/or aren't familiar with the forum. This was not such a case, as LRO's initial post was in a perfectly appropriate spot, totally relevant to Wildstrawberry's thread. I agree that it wasn't for Snap to decide otherwise. That's what mods and admins are for. - Surviving

Aging Gracefully & Surviving 60,

Of course I defer to your authority, but I do wonder why you didn't just come out and share your opinions directly & right away.

To all who are feeling bad, my apologies for my role in that.

Snapcracklepop

Welcome to the forum. I appreciate your courage in posting.