My body surprised me.

Body: 

I discovered that something was popping out of my vagina about a year ago. After two children,the first a natural birth and the second a Caesarean, I had natural menopause at an appropriate age. I had almost forgotten about my female organs but sex was getting painful. This I put down to the natural process of vaginal atrophy. My gynaecologist suggested I try an estrogen cream. I am a little wary of ingesting hormones so I didn't really bother with it. In December 2014 I got UTI (again for the first time) .Even after recovering completely from that infection, I experienced some burning and a funny feeling like something moving in my vagina. In March 2014 I awoke to POP . I didn't of course recognise what had happened.Now after much research, i know it is Cystoceles.I got a DVD and practised nuetral spine and Kegels. No improvement what so ever. In fact ,the prolapse has got worse. Feeling more than a little annoyed at the way things were, I thought of surgery but fortunately read once again some of the contents of this forum. I have been trying the Whole Woman posture, as I understood it, from the You Tube version and what women have suggested on this Forum . I plan on getting the beginner's DVD and the book ASAP.Wish me luck. I find the discussions here so comforting!

These changes are shocking when they come on. You're not alone. Welcome to the forum.

I have been feeling well lately and I am still the same with a rectocele.I have had this for nearly 12 years now. I will survive without any operation. I forget sometimes how miserable I used to feel when my body first changed. Now I don't hardly notice anything but the lump sometimes. I was very bad to begin with but I'm feeling better.

Hi KC and welcome! Yes, lots of us start down the wrong path initially, for the simple reason that most of the information out there is seriously flawed. Glad you found WW when you did. Nothing to lose, and enormous benefits coming your way. Good luck and keep us posted. Work hard and enjoy the ride. - Surviving

Hi Cleo - good to hear from you, and great that you are still managing rectocele with posture and WW living. That's what it's all about! - Surviving