Cyst removal surgery experiences, as they relate to prolapse?

Body: 

Hi everyone!
I have a bladder prolapse. After working with WW posture, it's improved greatly.
I just learned Tuesday that I have a very large dermoid cyst on my ovary. A dermoid cyst is NOT the kind of cyst that comes and goes, or appears because of out-of-balance hormones (though my hormones are out of balance). Dermoid cysts are usually there since birth, and are utterly disgusting. If you want to get grossed out, do a Google search for dermoid cyst. If you want to get so nauseous that you skip lunch, then do a Google IMAGE search. So gross! I can't believe I have that in my body!

It appears that surgery to remove this cyst is the only option, as herbal supplements and oils and other natural options won't affect this type of cyst. Because my cyst is so large --bigger than a cantaloupe -- they can't do laparoscopic surgery (the kind with little tiny incisions). They will make a C-section-type cut at the belly button, about 7 inches long. Since they won't have to cut through the uterus, the recovery time should be less than with a C-section.

Anyway, my question as it relates to WW is this: has anyone had pelvic/abdominal surgery with prolapse? Should I expect my POP symptoms to increase for awhile after the surgery? Anything I should do to prepare, or keep in mind, or request that the surgeon do or not do?

Any thoughts and words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Thank you for that idea! I will do that!