Question

Body: 

This is my first post on the forum. I joined the forum a little over a week ago.

Question:
I read on a post: Christine gave me a tip about twisting that is like magic. I use the LoPo position that Louise put on here a few years back.

What is meant by twisting and what position do you do it in?
What is the LoPo position?

keds

Forum:

Hi keds and welcome. The twisting thing was discussed in this thread:
https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/6749

You can go back and read it. Also you can use the search box up above for LoPo, unless someone has a favorite thread they want to post a link for.

Good luck with the WW work! - Surviving

Watch a dog or cat defaecating. They don't bend up into a ball. There is a tuck of sorts at the sacrum end of the spine, but the upper spine is quite straight. It is a half squat. Many dogs will kind of waddle around, doing a stool, then moving a bit, then doing another one. I think the waddling is like twisting, but there is some abdominal 'massage' happening too, as the abdominal muscles stretch and contract during the waddle.

How did it get the name LoPo? I really can't remember. It was about learning from how other members of the animal kingdom use their bodies intuitively, rather than adopting a 'method' that somebody else recommends, often because they are promoting a product for financial gain.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site, but have read Christine's material quite some time ago - before I had a hyst - but unfortunately had one anyway. You guessed it - I now (for a year or so) have a prolapsed bladder. At any rate, I'm now determined to do self-care and am ordering DVD's which will help demonstrate some of the Yoga, seating, postures, etc as I do better by "seeing". Since I tend to be very hard on myself, my mission now is to do self care, as much as I can - probably not perfect, but all helps to some extent. No problems with pain or incontinence so far w/the bladder issue, but want to make all stronger if I can. Already take a class in Chair Yoga and just had discussion w/the instructor and will make alterations so as not to push any remaining organs in the wrong direction.

One question, if anyone can reply, - I have the book but would like to get DVD's etc. to show postures, exercises, etc., so don't want a bundle that includes the book. Any feedback?

Hi Greatlakes and welcome. Here's the thing.....the only bundles that exclude the book, also exclude the First Aid for Prolapse DVD, which in my opinion is a must-have. If I were you I would probably get that DVD and maybe the First Wheel Yoga, and then proceed from there. Might be worth a phone call to Lanny in customer service to see what he suggests. Be sure to mention that you are post-hyst. Enjoy! - Surviving