Sea Sponges

Body: 

Well, I have had a breakthrough with sea sponges that I thought was worth sharing with my sisters. I am 58 years old...I have a uterus that is heading south, a 3rd degree cystocele and a 1 degree rectocele. I had surgery in 2011 to correct a 3rd degree rectocele and other dropping parts and that was supposedly the end of that.

This was before I found this site and had no idea that I had any other options. So the cycle began. When I returned to the surgeon with my hanging vagina for the second time, she said " that was really inevitable"!! She certainly didn't let me know that the first time around.
So, I have been trying to find a solution. I am doing the exercises at least 4 times a week and am working on trying to fit them in daily. It is time consuming so I have to sacrifice other things. I also am working hard on posture. I hope in time that this will all benefit and my symptoms will decrease.
Then I started reading about sea sponges...I decided to try the sea sponge in unison with the exercises and the Whole Woman posture. It was way too big so I cut it down twice in order to get it to fit. I have to lay on my side to get it in. I get it in and it's good until I have to go to the bathroom and it spits out with everything else. Very frustrating....

Until yesterday.... I thought..why not try a tampon applicator? Well!!! The sponge stayed in place the entire day and another six hours today (I took the sponge out last evening)...I was able to get it up nice and high and low and behold..........no prolapse....no bulge between my legs......I am in heaven. Hopefully in time I will not need the sponge but for right now, it's the answer for me. It is the best day I have had in months. I feel in control again.

Forum:

Hi Daisy,
Glad you are getting some relief. We have had past members that used the sea sponges also with some success. I just want to add a word of caution in the use of these on a regular basis. Some of the ladies did end up with some sore spots inside their vagina from the sponges themselves. And, they don't really allow the vagina to completely flatten as it should with the whole woman posture.
You may want to read up on some of those older posts so that you can take the necessary precautions in using them.

yes, Aging Gracefully. There are ups and downs with everything, isn't there?

HI Daisy
I have written my account with sea sponges if you search my posts. I have not had surgery so it may be different what works for me but sea sponges caused my cyctocele to get worse. I used them for 4 weeks and yes I had some good days but I had a lot of trouble getting them out (especially if up really high). I even ended up at the hospital after hours for a forceps sponge delivery. Just a word of caution. I could always feel them dragging down.

I have found WW the answer but it has taken for a good year of hard work and I am still working on my diet to ensure regularity. I have all 3 prolapses and am 37 years.

Yes, I think it's important to keep in mind that most of our members have not had repairs done, and they are best off working with the natural dynamics that they still possess, and not spending too much time with something crammed up in there. After repairs, things are greatly changed, and you will probably not be able to achieve quite the same kind of results from the WW work; you may have less to lose and more to gain by seeking other sources of symptom improvement. - Surviving

Quite recently there was a post here regarding somebody whose elderly mother had both prolapse and dementia. It seems to have disappeared. While I was not the person who posted the original question on this theme, I was one of the people who posted a comment.

So was wondering as to how this particular thread was deleted and why? If we knew the answer as to the reason for it's deletion, then perhaps we will know what NOT to post in the future.

Sevilla, the thread was automatically deleted when the user who started the thread was deleted. And the reason that user was deleted is that she was using our forum as free advertising for a product she makes and sells. - Surviving