My anniversary gift to you

Body: 

Well, today is my 5th anniversary as a member of this wonderful forum, and I have a short video for you to watch. You'll need to look past the sashaying and exaggerated poses, and just really appreciate the way this woman carries herself - gorgeous rounded belly and lumbar curvature. And you gotta love that "belly button" thing! Watch if you can. Love love love to you all - Surviving

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MFK7mabEs

Forum:

Congratulations, surviving!! Love the video!!

....for being here and helping to keep the WW forums wired together. I love the video too. We should let this beautiful woman know she is our current WW idol! xxxxxooooo

Good to know that the Whole Woman posture is all the rage ! Thank you Surviving.

Happy anniversary!! Thank you for the video, it makes me happy.

I get to share your anniversary Surviving Sixty. The postman just delivered Christine Kent's Book and the first aid prolapse DVD. Being in India I was a little apprehensive about it going missing. I feel so happy!

Thank you dear ladies! So happy for you KC, now you are off and running. - Surviving

I'm sure there is a very high incidence of prolapse amongst female athletes and fitness professionals who are trained to engage their abdominal "core" and suck it all in. Maybe this lovely lady will escape our fate! - Surviving

Dear Surviving, this video is fantastic. I am happy that you have been here for 5 years! Happy WW anniversary :) budahazya

Thanks Surviving for all your work on here. I enjoy reading your posts.

I like the video and after it switched to another video talking about the figure competition the poses were for. Did anyone else watch this?

They didn't talk about the tummy much but it looked like it was relaxed with the pull up through the chest like WW. The instructor did say to never tuck the butt under so again like WW. I am not sure if they were exaggerating their lumber curve but it is really interesting. Maybe this could become a craze - as the contestants said it was much more feminine than body building and the women all looked healthy with attainable bodies. Of course they were doing weights but possibly in correct posture - it didn't show that part.

Thanks for posting this link. Sorry I didn't copy the link you tube moved me to.

Well I got inspired on a Sunday morning and did some research on figure poses on You Tube. They do say tight abs. I think the lady in the video your posted S60 had bucked that trend - how lovely - she looks great and feminine rather than the harder look for the women below. It is quite interesting to compare her to the women in the link below. I like looking at different bodies and picking out which bits are in line with WW and which bits are not. When I started I could not really say but I am learning to get better. Maybe doing this will also help new people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FYjKR9Jx8

I agree AL, the NZ video showed hardness of the body, but these videos of 'posing' are for body builders, so they are meant to be showing off muscle definition. I saw a different one after S60's link and they were talking about it being "different because it's feminine" - they put on high heels etc! I would think they'd all show off defined abs... but perhaps it's a cultural aspect to acceptance/rejoicing of the relaxed belly?

A great video for interesting discussion. And happy anniversary to you! That date was my parents' wedding 50 years ago.

Congratulations Surviving from me!
Thanks so so much for all your work here!
Love the posture in your video!

Much love,
Aussie Soul Sister

I did the same thing when I first this found this video.......looked for other examples of figure posing and quickly realized that there are different levels and types of competition, some of which are definitely more about muscles and body-building than overall fitness. Women body builders, it pains me to watch them. - Surviving

Very much enjoyed the video and how devoted you are to WW!

To the next five years and beyond,
Snapcracklepop

yeah I watched the ladies after the video too and they looked really nice. Then I googled figure posing and it went onto the body builder type stuff. Lets hope the relaxed, feminine form gains some popularity.

I come from a culture where women are not supposed to flaunt their breasts. Not that younger women bother. Being in the academia, I have had to carefully control public image. I dress to office in clothes which are designed to have a veil of some kind draped over the upper half of the body.When I began to stand with my chest lifted from the ribcage, it initially felt very strange. Now I find it so liberating. I walk tall and feel that I own the earth . I just need to remind myself of the following:
- chin tucked in slightly, I tend to tilt my head back
-stomach relaxed and not sucked in.
- chest lifted up from the rib cage. The stomach then while relaxed is drawn up and doesn't flop
To me it seems a more powerful posture than the one I had before. I do slump from time to time. This definitely is about conscious living.
Can some one tell me how to jiggle. I understand 'fire breathing' and 'nauli' from the DVD and book. How does one jiggle?

There are lots of ways to do this. Mine is pretty simple. I just hinge at the hips and then start to move my legs and feet really fast (feet remaining flat on the floor) and kind of massage my belly at the same time. It's just a way of helping move those organs into the belly, great for before/after firebreathing, before/after a bowel movement, etc. Any motion you devise to help settle your organs in a forward position feels great. - Surviving

Is it a kind of rapid vibratory movement of legs? Do you hold the posture? And in which direction do you massage? Is there a demo anywhere?Thanks Surviving.

There is no official way to jiggle or any demo that I know of. I think it was Louise who came up with the concept years ago, and many of us have our own variations. Fab has a version where she has hands on the floor. So much of this work is about visualization - picturing your organs falling into the belly, and doing whatever feels like it's helping them get there. - Surviving

For me, I do more of a jumping up and down, with either hands on floor or on a chair or even the back of the tub, but then I am moving the heavier uterus. You probably don't need to be so agressive with the other celes. Like surviving said, it is just a way to get things moving in a better position for firebreathing.

Thanks again Surviving and Aging Gracefully.I have been following a few threads on jiggling and will try your suggestions.