More poop problems. A mess

Body: 

First. Thank you Christine for creating this forum. I have yet to find ONE source
of information on prolapse that offers any solutions other than surgery
and kegels.
Here is my problem that is currently a big challenge..,
Sometimes when i have to use the bathroom I get my prolapse
coated w poo. This has made a mess (literally) of a common act and I haven't seen so much poo
since my kids were in diapers.
I don't think it's a common issue cause I have searched the forum and do not
see others commenting about this. But I need some help. I can't typically
push the prolapse " in" cause at that point I am rushing and when i do it seems to stop the process and hurt.
Any wise words would be so appreciated.

Hi
I am just wondering if you can mention what type of prolapse you have and the position you use on the toilet. This will help people comments be more specific and helpful.

All the best, I hope you get some useful answers.

I seem from your earlier posts that you have a cyctocele.

What toilet position do you use?

I have been sitting normally. I am not familiar with others...

Most of us have a messy one from time to time......amount and consistency of our poo is mainly a dietary thing I would say. Is this a recent development? All I can suggest is, make sure you are wiping front to back, and keep yourself clean with wet wipes/baby wipes and maybe use a peri bottle to clean the area. - Surviving

You don't metion how you are doing with your Whole Woman work, Beth. The best thing to do is get those organs back into your vagina the best you can. The whole woman posture, jiggling, firebreathing are all great for this. Hovering over instead of sitting on the toilet can help so the bulge isn't so apparent. I find this helpful at times when I have been bulgy.
If you haven't invested into Christine's materials, now would be a great time.

Stopping to push a cystocele "in" before going to the bathroom doesn't really do much.....better as AG says to jiggle and firebreathe that bulge a bit farther forward before you go. And not so much rushing. I know that's a problem sometimes, for me and all of us. But a bulge in the front vaginal wall shouldn't be terribly much in the path of the poo. Follow WW practices and also maybe look to your diet and any medications you might be taking, for a possible explanation of why this huge mess of poo. - Surviving

It's very much a problem for me, regardless of my position. I do my best to have things in place beforehand, I try to never be in a hurry, and that helps. I keep a washcloth and soap at the sink at home.

"Going" while I'm away from home is an issue for me. I often feel a great deal of fear regarding cleanliness. I try then too to never wait until it's urgent. If I'm in a place that has paper towels, I dampen some and take them into the loo with me. As I use them to clean myself, I fold them in on themselves so that I can dispose of them in the trash can neatly. I try to take more than I think I'll need.

I carry only a very small purse, but I'm considering going a little larger to accommodate wet wipes.

The cleaner my diet, the better I do.

Thanks for the ideas and support, ladies
I work on Ww posture and jiggling but need to be more consistent. I have the first aid for prolapse DVD. I am 56. And very active. So having this problem is exasperating although not chronic. But I am often at a job and without privacy for bathroom crises.
My prolapse bulges out noticeably in my pants. I act like I don't care but I do.

Hi Beth,
The good thing for you is that you are active, that will help a lot in doing this work. And, you are right, being really consistent with this work is very important in getting those organs moving into the lower belly and away from the vaginal space. Believe me, having a profound uterine prolapse, I know what it is like to have things sticking out of my vagina.
But, I just set my mind to incorporating everything I could into my daily life: the posture work as much as possible, but don't force it, jiggling and firebreathing throughout the day, especially on really bulgy days, I do a dvd just about daily, switching between them for variety, whole woman walking is a great way to work on all the aspects of the posture.
And remember, it does take time to get the posture down and those organs moving forward, almost a year for many of us, but it is such a relief when they finally do.
Just keep at it.

Thank you so much! I am so bolstered by your kind words. This issue is so pervasive and kind of like this dark secret that I carry around. And it is something that affects me every day. I will get more consistent w everything,and hopefully will find some progress in this. So you do get better ?
That is so good to hear. What about sex? Last time I bled for a week. Will that get better too?

You bled from having sex? That shouldn't be, not from prolapse. Are you experiencing the post menopausal dryness? If that is the case, then getting some moisture back into your vagina is a must, especially if you want to have comfortable sex. Coconut oil seems to be very popular for lubrication, but honey is the best thing for daily dryness. Christine suggests using a dab of raw local honey inserted vaginally once a day. The honey feeds the natural bacteria in your vagina and has a very healing affect. One of our ladies even uses a larger amount of it for sex.
And, yes the bulginess gets less noticeable with this work, but it is a life time of work that we learn to do happily once we start to see all the benefits to our bodies.

I believe its the bulge gets rubbed the wrong way so to speak. Not dry down there as of yet...

I would take Aging Gracefully's advice on how to keep the tissues healthy and comfortable anyway.....you may not think you are dry but there is definitely something going on there, if you are bleeding for a week after sex. Also sometimes with cystocele you need to experiment a little with positions. But clearly there is a need for lubrication here. - Surviving

Hi Beth,
If your cystocele is bulging out on a pretty regular basis, then the vaginal tissue will be exposed to air more creating more of a dryness there. Keeping it lubricated really is important while you are working on your posture. The goal is to get it to stay inside as much as possible where it can be protected. A good round of firebreathing always sucks my bladder right in. It just takes practice, time, and patience with this work to get there.

All rightie. I am on it...thanks again