Chair Update

Body: 

I took the plunge and bought a saddle chair by Bambach. The shop adapted it for me to make it lean a little farther back than the original setting allowed. It will still set farther forward if I want to change the setting.

It requires me to be in posture!!! I can get into poor posture, but, I almost have to force myself to. This is awesome.

The down side is that I like to do the "New Kegels" sitting in my desk chair. This seat doesn't allow any rocking at all (which, upside is, it keeps me in proper posture).

So, my plan is to keep both my old office chair and this one, and alternate. When I get tired of one, I'll switch to the other for a while. I suspect that I will quickly get quite tired sitting in this chair until my body adjusts to it. I've been sitting in it for about 15 minutes and I'm already feeling a little sore, so, short sessions until we're best buddies.

I would love to try out the Sukhasana yoga chair that lets one sit cross-legged with side supports. I think my perfect set up would be that plus this new saddle chair. But, the Sakhasana is expensive, and without the opportunity to test drive it, I'm reluctant. Anybody in LA or New York that could take one for a test drive? :-)

Forum: