yoga

Body: 

I am planning on taking yoga class for the first time ever. My understanding is that there are certain poses that Should not do. Could anyone give me the do;s and don'ts. I will be meeting wit my yoga instructor to discuss my issues. Any and all help would really help. Thanks.

Forum:

I'm not a yoga expert so I'm not going to try and discuss specific poses. I will give just one example of something to avoid: anything like a "boat pose" that places your body at an obtuse angle, which puts downward pressure on the pelvis organs that you can easily feel. And that is the important thing here.....once you have been doing the WW work, you can answer for yourself all questions about what is good and what is bad. Christine has a line of yoga dvds that provide prolapse-friendly moves. The important thing is to observe WW posture in all of our exercise endeavors. How we hold our bodies is everything, when it comes to pelvic organ stabilization.- Surviving

Thank you so much!

Dear wildtexasangel,

I have found that there are very few exercise options/ teachers out there where there is understanding on a deeper level of WW. I hope you find some...
Christine's approach is UNIQUE and it works beyond anything I imagined.

I have been doing her hips program and have used it as a foundation ( useful for everyone for evening out the whole body, developing the foot arch, balance, straightening out contracted limbs, and other muscles).

I use the other DVDs now and my body chooses which one/s I do almost daily with great results, and I know it is safe and beneficial on ALL levels it is so holistic...

You would benefit the best by doing the WW Yoga and studying Christine's approach, because it doesn't take too long before you can discern the red flags with any activity....

I have had teachers think there is something wrong with my back and one whom I never started with because they refused to allow students to do anything except a pulled in belly and tucked pelvis as they genuinely believe that protects the back...
There is so much you can do with all of Christine's resources, which extend to bicycle riding, walking, WW running, Scottish country dancing to name a few....

Wishing you all the best,

Aussie Soul Sister