thank you and a questiona bout future pregnancies

Body: 

Hi and thanks so much for all of you who welcomed me (in the other forum). I think I'll be a regular writer here... And please excuse me my mistakes in English, it is my second language!
I can feel how my wishes for any sort of "quick fix" have gone by-by, and now I'm starting to realize that I am in a new, life long path on studying and mantaining my own health. It definately feels challenging, but easier while knowing that I am not alone. What a blessing this internet is!

But I have a question. I was wondering if there is anyone who has had a baby AFTER having diagnosed with pelvic floor prolapse?? And speacially with prolapse of all the three (uterus, rectum and bladder)????

I have heard of women who have had a baby, or even few, after uterine prolapse. So I think with proper excercice, proper diet and proper positions during the labor (specially during the pushing) it is possible to have babies after uterine prolapse. But does anyone have any experience? And specially while having it all prolapsed?

THANK YOU!

Hi Maya,
I can't comment on this though I hope that Jane, (fullofgrace), will because she has many posts here on the forum relating to the beautiful birth of her son after experiencing prolapse. It is truly an inspiring and heartening story!
Michelle xxxxx

Thanks for the kind words Michelle.

Maya,
I discovered prolapse (all three) after the awesome homebirth of my second child (I had a c-section with my first child and the hospital 2 minutes from my home would not allow me to have a vaginal birth). I suspect that the rectocele started much earlier--maybe even as early as after my first child. I was unsure about how pregnancy would affect me. Even though I wanted at least one more, if not two more children, I was thinking about stopping at two from my fear. Thankfully, my 3rd child decided he was coming along despite my fears, and doubly thankfully, I found Christine's site and through my research at her direction I found that a gentle birth would most likely do no more damage. I was afraid that once labor started I'd be afraid to push and that my labor would stall from fear of damaging myself further, but I ended up laboring almost the entire two hours alone and was therefore, able to follow my body and there was no fear. I was totally focused on birthing my baby and it was so cool to feel his head descending and to push as I felt. My midwife was encouraging me to go slowly since we had talked about gentle pushing to protect my perenium, but I told her I was just doing what my body was telling me to do. I labored a good while in baby pose position and my soft fluffy green bath mat became my friend as I knelt on it. Baby hit a nerve and my leg cramped up causing me to "dive" into my pool for relief, but the next contraction called me to my feet and I birthed him standing up in the pool. I think my midwives should have been All-American wide receivers to catch him as they had to. :) I actually feel like prolapse is better than after my second birth, perhaps it's just my attitude toward it, but the the posture definitely has helped, and maybe somehow my gentle birth helped correct it some too??? If it weren't for the amount of time three children consume, and my doubts that we can handle a fourth, I'd have another child 9 months from now with no fear of prolapse.
Jane

Hi Maya, welcome on board (this metaphor of the boat is really nice).
If you track my posts you will read my experience, as I have "risked" to have the third baby after being diagnosed with the three prolapses.( actually I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks before my second child, but i was not submitted to any surgery). Organs are unfortunately worse than before, posture helps but I am sorry to say thet the third baby was the coup de grace, anyway I am so happy with him that any discomfort is really worthwhile, the pregnancy was very tough, but I really think I would do it again. It is so good to find so many wome here willing to have more babies.

ornella