Many questions

Body: 

About 3 weeks ago, I had my first indication that I had some kind of prolapse. I had a bulging feeling and looked in the mirror to find something bulging from my vagina. I have not been to a doctor, but know for sure that this is some kind of prolapse. From my research, I believe it is cervical/uterine. I have begun to focus on the Whole Woman posture and do the beginning and part one advanced exercises for the DVD about 5 times a week. I am also quite active. I hike, run, and swim (one or more of these) daily. I live on a small farm, so there are gardens to tend and animals to care for.

A brief history…I am 61 years old, an 18+ year breast cancer survivor. I have had a bilateral mastectomy (8 years ago) and my ovaries removed a few months before that. My other pelvic organs are intact. I have three grown children (26, 29, 31). All were delivered by vaginal birth.

Questions:
1. Can I continue my daily activities provided I am aware of my posture throughout?
2. Will there come a time when I will not have to think constantly of every move I make?
3. How long might it take to see/feel some results from the program?
4. Is intercourse advised, discouraged? What about other forms of sexual activity?

I'm hoping for someone with experience with some of these topics can help.

Thanks.
AnniePie

Forum:

Hi anniepie and welcome,
When first starting this work it is very important to be aware of posture as you move throughout your day, if you feel yourself falling out of posture, just get right back into it as best as you can. After time it becomes second nature for many.
It has taken many of us up to a year to really get the posture down, but some can get relief of symptoms sooner. I did notice changes as I went along, so just practice patience and give this work the time it deserves. You will be happy with the results. I have a profound uterine prolapse and can manage mine very successfully with this work.
Sex is great for prolapse. It can really get things moving into the right direction. Sometimes some positions can be a little uncomfortable, so you may want to be a little creative. Also, add in jiggling and firebreathing; these are great tools in this work. And, rest when you need to, sometimes a quick lie down is all you need to feel better.
Sounds like you are off to a great start already. Best wishes to you!

Thanks so much

The posture itself does become automatic, if you work hard to make that your goal, and if you allow yourself not to have any particular expectations of how long that will take. But there will never be a time when you do not have to be mindful as you move throughout your day. After over 5 years I still catch myself doing wrong stuff (mostly in the areas of bending and lifting). When I correct my position, I can feel those organs thanking me! Good luck, you sound like you'll do great. - Surviving

Thanks for the encouragement.