Prolapse Pain

Body: 

I have a grade 2? (I think) prolapse, which is mainly bladder. I have found Whole Woman helpful and try to hold the posture all the time and do the workout almost every day. My problem is that when I am sitting at my desk at work, despite pulling up into WW posture and getting up regularly to move around (and do WW exercises in the toilet) by mid morning I have a lot of pain in my abdomen, which feels like a bad period pain. I have been putting up with this for the last few months but today I noticed that if I clench and pull up my vaginal muscles and hold for a few seconds, the pain eases and almost disappears. I did this a few times today and it really helped. I had an almost pain free day. I also looked at my "bits" in the mirror when I did this and they went up and everything seemed to go a bit more into place where it should be.

Is this an action that I should be doing? Does anybody have any similar experiences. Can I be doing any harm?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you.

Forum:

That does sound more like a kegel, and the problem with Kegels over time is that they can pull your organs farther back from your lower belly into the vaginal space. I also had some achiness and cramping in the beginning, and the jiggling and firebreathing really helped with that, pulling those organs more and more into or at least toward the lower belly where they belong.

Thanks Aging Gracefully. I was just wondering, when you say that this will pull organs into the vaginal space, when I examine my insides :( while doing this, I can feel my prolapsed bladder which is using bulging badly into the vagina, disappearing from the vaginal space. I don't know where it is going, but the bulging disappears and the bits poking out go back in. Can this be bad? Also if it relieves the pain can it be bad? I am finding this confusing as I definitely find WW very helpful and sometimes my symptoms disappear, but also found the kegals? helpful yesterday.

Mango, if you haven't read any of Christine's articles about kegels, now would be the time. Then, in your case, it might be a matter of choosing a long-term strategy over other solutions. Squinching the muscles doesn't do the job because the muscles are not where organ support comes from, and this is the biggest fallacy of the whole kegel approach. I did them for years and years faithfully, and I know they don't work and can aggravate things in the long run. You can take our word, or you can learn this the hard way. - Surviving
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1497

Before I was lucky enough to find this Wholewoman site I spent quite a lot of money on a kegel machine which must have completed hundreds more kegels in an hour than doing the kegel exercises ordinarily. The result was a load of wasted time and no permanent improvement of my stage 3prolapse. When I did Christine's posture and followed the dvds,especially First Aid for Prolapse I noticed a real physical improvement . I have been using the posture and dvds for two years now,no kegels and am really pleased to get my life back and extra time too ! !

Thank you ladies for your advice. I will steer clear of kegals as I don't want to make things worse and I know that I do feel better following the WW system. I wonder, can anyone tell me why I get so much pain when sitting? I don't have it when standing, walking or lying down. I definitely sit in WW posture. I don't know, anatomically, what is hurting. It seems as though a lot of women get no pain from their prolapse but I had it even when my prolapse was slight.

I have intermittent pain from prolapse. It usually occurs when I am lying on my left side. The more dedicated I am to the Whole Woman posture, the less frequent these episodes are. I have a new desk chair. The chair has a forward slanting seat and that positioning, by all appearances, simulates the WW standing position. It's been a few weeks now since the last episode of pain.

Hi Salvage, I'm glad that WW is helping with your pain. I was doing really well too and my symptoms were getting better, but suddenly worse again and I don't know why. I am interested in your forward slanting seat as I have notice that I am always worse in a chair where the seat tips backwards. Could you give me any info about your chair, perhaps I can get one too. Thank you and enjoy your new desk chair.

Following the chair comments.

I went to the local office store and sat in all of the chairs. This was a sale item. Webbed material backing. I locked the back into upright position so that it does not lean backward. Two small arm rests on the sides. Padded, cloth covered seat. I sat in chair after chair and found this had a seat that leaned "slightly" forward. Most chairs have a hump in the front that sets the body into a backward leaning position. I have not had prolapse pain with this chair. I keep my back straight and if needed use a pillow for back support. I was investigating earth style furniture and benches when I discovered this chair. It is also beneficial to keep the feet flat on the floor. It is easy to slump in a chair during an 8 hour work day. Vigilance is the key to remaining pain free

Hi Salvage,
Thanks for your post. I'm glad you have found something good for you, that's great. I also notice that most chairs tilt backwards, with a bulge at the front! This position is disasterous for me. I have been trying to pad out the sunken area of my office c hair with cushions, but it doesn't really help. I went to visit friends for dinner last week and their dining chairs tipped backwards and I was in pain the whole meal. I am now thinking about getting a simple, wooden hardback chair with a flat seat as I have noticed that I have no problem when sitting on my dining room chairs. But I'm not sure that such a hard base will be good for my bum. Do you find that you get prolapse pain when sitting? I have searched and not a lot of people seem to post about pain when sitting so I was wondering if there is something really wrong with me.

The furniture makes all the difference. I still have a recliner and it gets me every time. The item is very wide, so I lean back on my sides rather than straight back. Straight dining chairs are good, but I need padding for my buttocks. I use a flat/square shaped cushion (memory foam type) for longer sitting periods. I have found that it never comes easy maintaining the WW position while sitting. I keep reminding myself as I did for the first 6 months learning the WW walking position. Hang in there! Its no worse than managing potential gluten food exposures. I have to read every ingredient, allergen warnings, facility locations, food handling methods. One must remain vigilant to stay healthy. so, turn that frown upside down :)

I am still waiting on my products from Christine where I know I will find this question out but I am anxious to know. How do u fire breathe if somebody wouldn't mind telling me! Thanks u

Hi Urey - the forum is really not the place to learn firebreathing. Use Christine's demos, descriptions and pix to get you going, and we can help if you are having problems. I know I did at first. It takes a little practice but is very much worth the effort. - Surviving