Pessary use causing problem for urethra

Body: 

I tried to use a sponge as a pessary, and although it made my pelvic diaphragm feel a bit better, I really traumatized my urethra. It was bad but getting better now. Has anyone else had this happen? I am very reluctant to go to Dr. to have one fitted if this is what happened to me at home. Thanks for all of your thoughts - it's encouraging to get on this site and read of empowerment.

I stopped trying to make the pessary or sponge work for me because they just wouldn’t. Several years later though, I just don’t like the feeling of anything foreign in there. Because my prolapse is so low, I’m forced to keep working at it day to day, which is best for my overall health anyway. By the way, our beeswax pessary experimenter disappeared almost as soon as she arrived! :-(

April says to push the sponge way up and forward over the pubic bone, which works great for lifting her cystocele.

Ilona,
They certainly keep everything intact ,but after a week of wearing, I have some underlying discomfort, ( a new user of pessary).
I don't know what else to do, I stand and walk all day, have had 3 urinary infections, and my doctors says,"surgery".