579.0 + 988.8

Body: 

G.M.O.’s are the problem! It affected my intestines culminating in severe malnutrition, peripheral neuralgia and hyperparathyroidism. Day after day, hour after hour of explosive diarrhea worsened my prolapse. The most notable changes with malabsorption were visual blurring, kidney injury, cognitive impairment, bone pain and 24/7 physical exhaustion. Major surgery and a new life style of organic foods brought me back to health. The gluten content of today's bread is vastly different from that of the 1960's. The ratio of 17:1. If you serve yourself two slices of bread at breakfast, a sandwich at lunch and a roll with dinner, you have consumed the equivalent of 102 slices of the 1960's bread. Articles state that American health issues stem from a generational weakening and that food has nothing to do with our health. Then again it was our society that permitted the infusion of Genetically Modified (GMO) wheat into our foodstuffs. It is our society that put Celiac Disease on the map! It does not stop there. The gluten cross-reaction foods that offend many a celiac (yeast, egg, coffee, dairy products and flower-based oils) are forbidden. These cross-reactors make it impossible to consume 99% of processed foods. I once wished that I could have had this information available 5 years ago. Celiac disease struck me in my late 50's. However, other have pointed out that I should not consider myself deprived. I am eating more nutritious food than ever before; continue to loose weight and increase muscle tone. Pelvic organ prolapse has been forestalled and partially reversed due to the information contained within these virtual walls. Thus I have become a Whole Woman!

Forum:

While some people can tolerate today's wheat, those of us whose lives are affected by severe autoimmune disease know that we must steer clear. Highly inflammatory and damaging to the gut. I too have seen great benefits from swearing off! I agree this is just one of a number of dietary modifications that we need to make in order to take charge of our health and our futures. But until it hits home, it's easy to dismiss. Everyone should research and find something that resonates for them. So much disease is preventable and reversible. - Surviving

Did you know that in many European countries GMOs are banned from their crops? GMOs are also in corn and soybeans, and these products are heavily fed to the animals in factory farms that many Americans eat.
The sad thing is that GMOs continue to be prolific in our food supply, thanks to Monsanto! So buy organic, or better yet local, if you want to get away from GMOs.

I found out why my "leaky" gut does not tolerate: canola, sunflower, safflower, cottonseed, grapeseed, or other heat processed oils. The FDA does not regulate the residuals in the oils post processing. These oils contain: hexane (gasoline by-product), bleach, defoaming agents, deodorizers (to mask the putrification odors) and pesticides (highest in textile crops). I have no problem with cold pressed peanut oil & extra-virgin olive or coconut oils. Also, some extra-virgin oils are blends of both. I stay with California Olive oils because of their "strict" protocols & testing for residuals.