breathing correctly

Body: 

Hello, I am the new kid on the block here and I just received the Saving the Whole Woman Book a week ago.
Since I've been trying to be aware of my breath by doing the breathing exercise correctly ( which I found out that I am a chest breather).........I have been having a little more energy and some clear headedness.
Can this be possible from the breathing?

Forum:

Wouldn't surprise me! Sounds like you are off to a great start. - Surviving

Thank you........I am so anxious to start everything from this book all at once! At last, some kind of help. I'm 67 and watch my grandchildren. Bending down and getting on the floor all the time has become so difficult for me. But then even driving the car has become very uncomfortable.
Buying the book and finding this forum has given me such comfort and support....I could cry.
gracie girl

Hi gracie girl,
Yes I'm sure good breathing could have that effect. The posture and the breathing are part of the basic foundations to good health. Amazing that you've experienced some benefits so quickly!
xwholewomanuk

Hi gracie girl, and welcome.
Getting a good wedge shaped cushion to level out my car seat was a tremendous help for me, and then using a flexible pillow behind my back to support my lumbar curve has made driving fun again. On long drives I adjust the pillow occasionally to maintain comfort.
I have a feeling that watching your grandchildren is a blessing---getting up and down from the floor will keep you nimble, especially when you get good at maintaining your posture while you're doing it.
Enjoy Christine's book. I'm sure you'll find lots of help.

thank you so much for the advice....I will look for a wedge cushion and a pillow today.
And I'm so accustomed to slouching, I didn't even realize how much I do this. So the posture is tricky for me at this point and I look rather awkward walking down the street........but I'm determined to get this!
Thanks again- gracie girl