Why am I getting worse?

Body: 

Hello

I am feeling a bit panicky tonight because my symptoms are getting worse. I have been working with the posture, every day, for about 4 months. I do the WW workout almost everyday and make sure that I pull up into WW posture when sitting and standing. I'm careful what I do, bending and moving around and get the family to help with housework, etc. I drink prune juice twice daily, to make sure that I am not constipated. But about a month ago things got a whole lot worse, for no reason that I can see. I have more bits dropping out of my vagina, more bulging, feeling that I am going to wet myself and more pain. I had hoped that WW would help me to at least stabilize my condition (I know that I can't reverse it), but I feel I am doing everything right, so can't understand why it's getting worse. Also, I can no longer sit down for very long as it becomes painful. Can anybody help? I really don't want to have surgery!

Forum:

I'm sorry but we really have no way of knowing why you are experiencing a setback. Your posture may need tweaking or there could just be something going on that even you are not aware of. Christine gives us lots of tools, and most of us do need to use these on a regular basis. How often do you firebreathe? Do you feel the organs move forward when you do this? Is your belly truly relaxed as you go throughout your day, or do you find yourself tightening up? Four months is not a long time for your body to really train itself. I needed a posture adjustment at last year's conference! There is always something we can do to improve.

If things don't get back on track you might want to consider a consult with Christine or another practitioner. Best of luck to you. - Surviving

Hi Mango46,
My symptoms got worse before they got better. It took me a year to get the posture right and the day I did things felt better immediately so I knew I had it.

I didn't work that hard for the first 6 months although I thought I was on the right track. It was only when things got worse that I realised I had to really go through my posture with a fine tooth comb.

As my cyctocele got worse it was uncomfortable for sit for long periods. I am fine on the floor and certain chairs but not anything too soft.

Can you get a consult?

You will get there just keep reading and reading and tweaking.

Rather than focusing on doing all the exercises I used the DVDs to study the posture initially. I used to pause the DVD and try to make sense of how Christine was standing etc compared to how I was.

It all seems normal to me now but initially I could sense the difference but I couldn't quite translate it into my own body.

Hi mango46,
Yes - it's hard to say without seeing you or discussing things with you more fully. A consultation would be ideal - or another idea is to invest in the 'Destination - prolapse free course' which includes a tel/SKYPE consultation when you're ready. Many women follow the course for as long as they like and then contact the practitioner of their choice with any questions or concerns that may have arisen.

Many women find it takes quite a while to really stay in posture most of their time. I usually tell women to make the WW posture their default posture, i.e. they just keep going back to it whenever they are are aware of they're not in it. E.g sitting in the cinema, on a bus/train, in an armchair, at your desk, breast feeding, dancing, at a meeting… are you in WW all the time/as much as possible? I have to have support systems/strategies - e.g. I sit at the end of the table. row of cinema chairs etc in group social situations, just so I can sit upright in WW posture, otherwise I'm looking & feeling out of place and find myself sitting in front of everyone else and stopping people either side of me talking to each other! I often put a coat/ bag, cushion etc behind my lower lumbar for support when I\m driving or sitting. My computer is quite high in front of me so I'm sitting upright. I avoid lifting heavy weights and carry things close and high when I use the dishwasher more and don't lean forwards to wash up…. All day long, it's WW posture!

Even so I still do my exercises regularly 2 1/2 years on…

It takes time, patience & practice. Give the above 6 months. If it's still not helping/improving - I am actually surprised - and would def suggest a consultation.

Good luck, I have faith!
xwholewomanuk