Multiple Surgeries and Still suffering

Body: 

I had total hysterectomy and pelvic floor repair one year ago. Uterine bladder and Rectal prolapse. I had terrible pressure and pain but my chief complaint was hemorrhoids. I'm never constipated and never strain but cannot get rid of them. I had three surgeries for hems and a fissure three banding so and no luck. They finally found the prolapsed and did the surgery with calf skin mesh but I'm still miserable rectally. I had fibroids and terrible periods too this the hyst. I've been banded once more and burned with IRC to no avail. My Rectal surgeon says more surgery is too risky and frankly the scar tissue is already causing problems. This has ruined my life. I can no longer sit. My sex lift is gone. Scars are too painful. I fight my way through a day at work on my feet (school cafeteria)then I come home and do chores as quickly as possible so I can lay down. I spend a lot of time in tears. The hems never go away. Ever. I'm fed up and don't know which way to turn. I'm regular as can be. Take fiber and Milk of Mag every day so there's no strain at all. Miserable. Can't beat more burning banding cutting. Have developed allergies to all ointments creams suppositories. Even plain Vaseline. Better off clean and dry. But pain every single day. I even went six weeks to a pelvic floor therapist. She even recommended surgery. Couldn't help me because of prolapsed. I'm just beside myself. Will the methods in this book help me at all or is this just a lost cause? Looking desperately for an answer. Don't know if I can go through life with this pain. I don't live any more. I just exist.

Hi Discouraged Hil,
You really have a lot going on there with the surgeries and everything that may be affecting or causing the hemmroid issues also, but it would be hard for any of us to really tell what or how much.
We are not medical professionals here, so really couldn't tell you where to proceed from here.
You may want to schedule a consultation with Christine; she may be able to shed to light on your situation that could help you get an idea of what to do next.
Wishing you the best and hoping you can find some answers soon.

Hi there,
Thank you for your post & query. It may be some little comfort that you're helping other women to make informed choices re whether to have surgery or not, with your brave & honest post.

I would think the WW approach is your best possible option. It is healthy, natural, works with female anatomy, safe & you will probably benefit from this holistic approach. Of course the surgical damage is done. However it is possible to optimise your recovery & be on track for a healthier happier life.

For starters, try a dollop of local organic honey in your vaginal passage daily. This will help the scars to heal naturally & also provide some soothing lubricant. You could also try this with your rectal passage for the on-going haemorrhoid problem.

Also try to reduce stress & increase happiness levels. Do more of what makes you feel happy, so long as it's healthy too, & minimise what makes you less happy. Stress is known to make everything worse! I found Rick Hanson's dvd's & free Just One Thing weekly newsletter helpful.

Engage asap with the WW posture & go gently on the exercises. Work within your limits & enjoy them.

I also thoroughly recommend you invest in some resources; a consultation with Christine, the book, dvd's, on-line courses, info on the website etc. This work & community is a world of knowledge, support & experience.

Wishing you all the best,
wholeowmanukx

Hi Discouraged Hil,
I am so sorry for what you have been and are going through.

If you are not doing it already, one bit of advice on here for ladies who have had surgery is to wear comfortable shoes with thick comfortable socks to take pressure off & support your skeleton.

I really recommend the honey. I have been using it & it dawned on me just the other day that I am not dry or tearing anymore or have any pain where my perineum had an unhealed stitch from one long episiotomy. I have had 3 altogether.

Whole Woman posture, once learned, I have found is quite relaxing, energy saving and supportive - quite the opposite from the conventional posture & breathing.

I have better management of prolapse & incidentally noticed that I had no more painful crunching concussion of my right hip, or knee pain, just by adopting the posture, & that was just the beginning of so many benefits.
I hope you find some relief for your pain soon
Christine has natural remedies with may help along with her holistic approach for general health.

I wish you well,
Aussie Soul Sister

Hi I'm new to this forum and want to say I'm glad I came across this website. It helped me make a decision not to go for surgery - colpopexy (the dreaded mesh) in 2 weeks time. I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago and the gynae says my prolapse is a vaginal vault prolapse. Is there any help for me at all? Will posture and exercise help relieve my prolapse? I am trying to get hold of the book "saving the whole woman" but it is so expensive after postage (almost $100). I live in Australia. Where can I get hold of this book for an affordable price?

Are there resources online I could purchase?

yes - look at the WW store on the website.

Discouraged, have you tried Collinsonia Root (aka Stone Root)? I've had good results with it my self. Here is some info I found on it.

Collinsonia was used by generations of settlers, Native Americans and eastern nations as a "cure-all" and remedy for treating diseases of the heart, bladder and kidneys. Additionally, it was used in the form of a stimulating medication to treating common lethargy. Collinsonia has also been applied topically as an anti-inflammatory alternative medication. Commonly known as knob root, horse balm and richweed, it has been used traditionally for passive venous congestion. It has the ability to overcome congestion with accompanying pain and irritation within the rectum, throat or other vascular areas. It reduces back pressure in the veins, which makes it useful in preventing and treating benign prostatis hypertrophy (BPH), hemorrhoids, varicose veins and chronic laryngitis. Stone Root is regarded as a heart tonic that is non-stimulating, but helps in enhancing the power and nature of the heart. It has also been useful in for various medical problems endured by women, especially menorrhagia (profuse menstrual discharge), dysmenorrhoea (painful menstruation), prolapsed uterus. threatened abortion, vicarious menstruation, leucorrhea, as well as pruritis-vulva (itching of the vulva). Collinsonia Root extract is a potent diuretic that is said to relax the urinary organs and increase urination, reducing irritability of the bladder, assisting with the passage of kidney stones and relieving virtually all urinary tract disorders. Another use for Collinsonia root tincture is to counteract the build-up of gastric catarrh and has been useful for the treatment of intestinal problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, IBS, and colitis. Herbalists have long relied on it to reduce excessive water retention and alleviate dropsy, diarrhea, spasmodic rectal pain, laryngitis and pharyngitis.

Used over time this herb strengthens the veins. The principle therapeutic action seems to be exerted on the mucous tissues and venous system. Stone Root has a tonic action of weak muscular tissue, which is why it has been indicated in atonic conditions of the heart muscles and more noticeably, on the walls of the veins and capillaries. Collinsonia, as an overall tonic, is believed to help strengthen capillaries, the minute blood vessels that connect the arteries and veins, and as such, may be helpful for the cardiovascular system. This may also account for the herb's use to relieve varicose veins.

Hemorrhoids are a prime example of a diseased condition characterized by congestion, irritation and constriction. Collinsonia is said to be an astringent and antispasmodic that has been very useful in the relief and prevention of hemorrhoids, also for the treatment of dysentery and diverticulosis. It has been found that Collinsonia Root is a nervine and can have a particular impact on the nervous system as well as the mucous membranes. It can facilitate in removing the blockage, and enhances circulation of the capillaries. This is effective for relaxing the mucous membranes of the lower bowels and throat, making them more relaxed and stable.

Collinsonia has been employed to relieve gastroenteritis and other problems connected with the digestive system. Herbalists consider Stone Root to be an excellent herbal extract for treating persistent gastritis or dyspepsia (indigestion), as well as for the absence of appetite and spasmodic states of the stomach and intestines, particularly when accompanied by pain as well as symptoms of anxiety, prior to having a meal. It combats pelvic congestion and eases constipation. It decreases swelling of rectal veins and prevents dry feces, itching, and the feeling of constriction, burning and heat in the region of the rectum. Since Stone Root also posesses astringent attributes, it helps to constrict the internal lining of the intestines and may also be helpful in treating disorders of the digestive system, for instance mucous colitis and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and persitent laxity of the bowels.

Stone Root, or Collinsonia Root, is highly effective as an herbal remedy to treat persistant pharyngitis and laryngitis, when the walls of the larynx are relaxed and is sometimes called 'clergyman's or minister's sore throat' where there is tickling of the throat and spontaneous coughing, usually as a result of excessive use of the voice.

Stone Root tincture has been taken internally following the evening meal or prior to going to bed at night to treat incontinence of urine. Additionally this herb is used internally combined with Parsley, Gravel Root and Hydrangea for stones and gravel in the urinary system and gall bladder, not only to treat, but as prevention of the formation of kidney stones and gallstones.

Collinsonia has been known to strengthen and tone the pelvic area and has been used when circulation in the pelvis is insufficient and accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the area. Stone Root is used in several OTC preparations that claim to treat menstrual distress, such as vaginismus (painful spasm of the vagina).

Collinsonia, when used externally, has helped to heal wounds, bruises, sores and cuts and has also been added to mouthwashes and gargles. It has also been effective for middle ear problems.

Hello,
I am so very sorry to hear of your condition. I have had some problems with hemorrhoids also. I am NO medical person but I have solved the problem myself. I simply bought and use the Squatty Potty. I have NO connection to this company either. After a trip to China I felt somewhat better. I had to ask myself what was I doing different? Ohhh, it hit me and I went looking for a product. After 2 weeks, my problem was done and gone!!!! Check out their website and look at the video. It totally makes sense. It has worked for me. I hope you can get some relief also.

Hi romans828 and welcome. What brings you to Whole Woman? If it's to discuss the Squatty Potty, then for the sake of our members I will once again post a link to provide Christine's take on this product and this concept overall:
http://wholewoman.com/forum/node/4643

Thanks for your comments. - Surviving

Surviving60,
Your smug assumption is heard LOUD & CLEAR!!!! But....YOU are MORE then wrong!!!!
What brings me to Whole Woman? More then I would ever wish on anyone. I am new to the forum and I guess I will just silently retreat instead of having to deal with women like you. My only mistake, and one I wish I could take back was naming the product I use. I had thought about it briefly but with all I have been dealing with and reading the heartfelt letter from Discouraged, I just wanted to give an idea. I cannot imagine all that Discouraged is going though. She cannot even use ointments, she is hurting and at the end of her rope. Read her letter, it is quite intense.
I was not aware that Christine Kent, the owner of this site, wrote about the "SP". When I was researching what to get for myself, an article came up by Dr. Christine Northup. You know Dr. Northrup, the one that is endorsing this site. Her picture is on the home page. The Dr. that was on Oprah and is highly respected and knowledgeable in the gyno field. Well, guess what.....she likes "SP". If I had been aware Christine Kent wrote about it....I would have NEVER mentioned it.
Did it ever occur to you to try a different approach? Instead of being judge and jury, you could have simply suggested Christine Kent's article and a polite "please check it out ".
At first I was going to log off and disappear, but then you would have thought you were right. I have NOTHING to do with the "SP" company. I live in California they are in Utah. I thought a forum was a safe place to share ideas. There are somethings I would have shared that could make sense for using the "SP".
AND, I could have been proven wrong...I can accept that. I will not after knowing Christine Kent is not in favor of it. If Christine Kent wants to write me I would be happy to tell her. It is a forum and as far as I know that means give and take on ideas. Not to sell products for others. For mentioning the brand, that I am TRULY sorry to Christine and all others. I have been living a nightmare of POP, hysterectomy and reconstructive surgery and throw in divorce. I thought this was a safe place to find others alike. I guess not. I know no one that has had any of this and feel very alone on my journey.
Thank you Surviving60...you made me feel welcome and safe!!!!! yeh right!!!

Hi again Romans - I don't believe I said anything to justify this outburst, and I'm sorry you took it that way. If you have any questions about the Whole Woman work, feel free to ask. This really is a great community, and we just try to keep it focused on what works and what doesn't. If you have had hyst and extensive repairs, then the circumstances can be quite different from those of the majority of our members. I think it's always better for a new member to share a little of her own prolapse story first, before giving advice to others. - Surviving

PS: WW's next biggie coming out is specifically for post-hyst, so stay tuned.

N.b. I had bad haemorrhoids following child birth. I found the product anasol applied anally really helpful.

We do get people who come on here advertising products and giving advice without introducing themselves first, so red flags like this do come up. We need to remind you that this site is about the Whole Woman work first, and this forum is for woman who are interested in or are pursuing Christine's methods.

And by the way, Christine doesn't always agree with everything Dr. Northrup does either.

Romans, we don't mind if you mention the Squatty Potty. Hardly a week goes by without someone bringing up that tired old topic. We just keep reposting Christine's comments, over and over again. - Surviving