Pains

Body: 

Hi everyone, so since I am fairly new to this prolapse thing, I am wondering what should feel normal. I know I have a 2nd degree uterine prolapse but wondering if I also have rectocele. Had a baby 9 weeks ago. My symptoms are...wet heavy feeling in vaginal canal, achiness in pelvic area, sometimes little shooting pains in pelvic area, sometimes throbbing, feeling like things are falling out of me, painful hemorrhoids, feeling like my poo doesn't quite break off the way it used too (sorry I know that's gross). Maybe it's just my hemorrhoids that are giving me the most trouble but I'm wondering if others feel all these things too. I am feeling discouraged today. Want to be able to play with my toddler and infant without feeling these symptoms all the time. I can't even clean my house right now...just feel helpless. Do you get to a point eventually where you don't have to think about it?

I just posted a timeline of my year up to my baby's first birthday that might help. I well remember the wet soggy feeling and ache you describe but had forgotten about the mega tonnes of discharge and irritation during the early months. Ugh. It sounds a bit like you may also have rectocele - that last symptom can happen with me sometimes still too but I also had awful pp hemmorhoids that flare occasionally. Drinking gallons of herbal tea daily helps me now.
It took me a while to get to the stage where i could say most days I'm comfortable for most of the day and even though I still get achey sometimes mostly it's just niggling sensations and not real discomfort. You need to rest A LOT. Until my baby was six months old I webt to bed at 9 every night and lay watching tv or reading. I don't regret that time at all. A month ago I chased my four year old and played football on the beach for half an hour. I could never have imagined feeling so normal again. It was amazing. You'll get lots better. I still have ups and downs and get pissed off but coming to the forum helps me so much. Xx

Thanks Miss Diagnosed! Good to know I'm not alone. Yes, I was so thrilled to stumble upon the whole woman web site and forum. It's great! What kind of herbal tea do you recommend? I'm happy you feel better and mostly normal. That's encouraging. Has your cervix gone up at all after all that time? Or is it still low?...never thought I would ask someone this question.

My cervix never really came down because my bladder and bowel were too quick to block the exit! But in all seriousness I think that the reason I get very achey on cd1 is because my uterus is lower than it was before. I've read tonnes in here about uterine prolapse practically vanishing in the first year pp - have you searched on this? You should take heart from that and try not to wish the year away - hard I know! I think my rectocele will take the longest to improve to its fullest but my bladder never bothers me much nowadays. I drink nettle, mint and any tea with fresh honey/ginger and lemon. Honey so good for your bowels and mint is a great all rounder.

Of course everyone's experience is different, but I think you'll find that you have a LOT more healing to do. You're so early at only 9 weeks PP-- although I KNOW it doesn't feel that way to you now. I remember those days so well when I could barely manage household activities, let alone lead an active life. Now my baby is 14.5 months and I'm basically doing what I want to be doing, albeit with some modifications. I can enjoy taking walks and even 5 months PP that wasn't really the case! Things are sooo much better than they were so many months ago. I found WW late in the game (at 11 mo PP) so my most dramatic improvements have been since I started doing the work. I could go on and on but I guess that's why I started a blog about my daily process of healing. I promise I'm not just trying to "plug" my blog but I truly want to connect with others going through similar experiences..it's therapeutic for all of us! Keep us posted and enjoy that baby! https://fromprolapsetopeace.wordpress.com/