Diastasis Expectations?

Body: 

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I have two small sons. I'm two and half years postpartum approx. My last son was born at 10 lb 5oz! Yahhh....Soooo I now have a 4 finger diastasis and rectocele. I've been trying for a long while now to heal/fix my diastasis....but nothing has worked much so far. I purchased the goddess belly workout recently. Are these workouts actually capable of fixing my diastasis? Or are these workouts about improving the overall quality of your body, but just accepting that the diastasis is not ever going to get fixed or go away? I don't want to do these workouts expecting and hoping for a change in my diastasis if that's just not possible. Has anyone experienced their diastasis healing up/going away after doing any of the Whole Woman workouts? Thanks everyone. :)

Forum:

Hi thiswit and welcome. I cannot answer from personal experience. But I can explain that Whole Woman posture is the correct and natural female spinal shape, and that the whole idea is to pull things closed down the front line of the body like a pair of elevator doors. This is in contrast to the idea of attempting to push things together, or heaven forbid, "solve" the problem by removing tissue. Like all of the WW work, it is the posture that is key - the exercises just reinforce what you are training your body to do every waking moment. Which is.....to relax the belly, strongly lift the chest, and get that long strong line all the way down the front. There is just no other way. - Surviving