The book - Prolapse Exercises Inside Out Physiotherapy Guide for Women

Body: 

Has anyone on the WW forum ever heard of the book Prolapse Exercises Inside Out Physiotherapy Guide for Women by Michelle Kenway? I believe she has a website or Youtube videos as well. Are her suggestions any good? I am so careful with my exercises and maintain the WW posture when doing them but I want to strengthen my abdominal muscles and would like some more ideas/help. I use 3 pound weights for my arms and legs. I also have all three prolapses so they might be holding each other up - for now. anyway just wanted to know if this book would be a good supplement to Christine's exercises.

Thanks

Forum:

Christine has a full line of products, and there are no "supplements", no. She is the only one out there teaching the real, true anatomy of prolapse and how it is managed through posture and other tools. Literally everything else out there is based upon the traditional and incorrect presentation of the pelvic organ system as a bowl of organs with a hole at the bottom. Any work that is based on this incorrect pelvic orientation will fail to address the issue and can actually do more harm than good (kegels being a prime example)

I would suggest that you get a little more involved in the Whole Woman work. It is not just an exercise program, and it is not enough to maintain the posture while you exercise. What else are you doing now to manage prolapse? If the posture hasn't yet become automatic for you as you go throughout your day, then this should be your next project. If you still need to be careful about your posture when exercising, then my hunch is that the posture itself has not taken over and become second nature. This is an absolute must, but does take time and effort. How is your firebreathing?

Please don't be a Whole Woman dabbler! Make the commitment. - Surviving

PS, The Third Wheel Yoga DVD will give you some prolapse-safe exercises that may address your concerns. There is nothing better we can do for our abs than to keep those muscles relaxed and to stay pulled up in WW posture, making the muscles long and strong. Traditional "core" ab work is something women need to avoid.

I would like to add that there is "no need" for any other supplemental materials. Christine covers all the different parts as well as the needs of different women depending on age and what they are experiencing.
You don't want to be doing ab work in the traditional sense. You want those muscles to be long and strong, not contracted and pinched in. We as a society suffer a serious body dismorphia that doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. Those of us that truly understand what our bodies are suppose to look like can go out their and show them with confidence the true whole woman body.

Christine does do a kind of sit up in the third wheel yoga DVD. It is done in such a way that protects our pelvic organs and doesn't work against the long strong muscles that we all should be working on with our posture.

Hi angel2me,
I've just checked out a couple of youtube videos re pelvic floor, prolapse & core strength exercises with Michelle Kelway. In answer to question, I agree with Aging gracefully, that these resources are not suitable as replacements or supplements for Christine's work. Michelle is looking at the female anatomy, pelvic floor & prolapse issues from the mainstream point of view. In one video she demonstrates with a model the female alignment, with the pelvis held in a bowl like position & describes the pelvic floor int he hammock position. This is not the viewpoint that Christine or the WW work takes & therefore the exercises & treatment that is offered is based on different viewpoints & are different.

Tbh there are some exercises that would be fine, but actually you'd have to be very familiar with this work in order to distinguish which exercises are appropriate for the WW work and which aren't. It sounds as if you're towards the beginning of your work & journey with WW, so it wouldn't be wise to try and choose which exercises you think might be appropriate.

Also Christine has developed a wide range of exercises & dvd's to work with/from. So there is not need for supplementary exercise programs or resources.

Christine is a world authority on this subject & I highly recommend you stick with her work. If you follow her exercise programs you will be toned - healthy & optimise your chances of pelvic organ prolapse recovery. There are some wonderful on-line courses. There are also a growing number of WW teachers if you're lucky enough to have access to any of them.

Wishing you all the best with your WW work & journey.
We have the rest of our lives for this wonderful work & lifestyle.
Love, wholewomanuk

Dear all,
Posture is the foundation of Christine's approach, and Christine's exercise are a useful adjunct to it.

My whole body, balance and strength and flexibility has markedly improved, however the following is specific to this thread.

For me doing the exercises in the hips DVD helped my torso strength markedly, however it is a beautiful proudly held barrel shape not narrow at the sides.
This allows my body to hold itself up with the space needed between the joints, and for the internal organs to function freely.
My torso also leads me when I walk particularly uphill with amazing strength and ease.
Whole Woman walking is a wonderful abdominal exercise in itself!

Some of the upper body exercises (arms) and the hip exercises on the box (hips DVD), and also in the 1st Aid for Prolapse routine, use ankle/wrist weights.

Christine has also a very effective torso exercise scattered throughout her DVDs which can be done in various positions...one of my favourite exercises which has contributed to evening out my waist curve - one side was much straighter than the other, thus another testament to the overall evening out of the sides of the whole body that I have never had before!

Doing full human extension was also a natural progression for me with the foot arch exercises, using the baton.
Christine's 3rd wheel DVD took my torso strength and everything else to a new level with her abdominal exercises, which are effective and pop friendly.

Her balance exercise near the end with the baton is amazing for torso strength and balance.

My torso, when standing in WWP forms a naturally tension-ed long wall without any conscious effort on my part. Whole Woman Posture is naturally strong, energy saving and relaxing!

My tummy button looks smaller when standing in whole woman posture, and is tighter - one of many things that has never happened with conventional approaches.

Just a few of the benefits of Whole Woman that I have realized by doing the work....I know enough now to see the differences in other approaches almost immediately... I did it the conventional way for years & ended up in a hellish nightmare. I did not think I had a future at all without pain and disability...& the only option of surgery.....

Wishing you angel2me & others who read this all the best in your lives' journeys',

Aussie Soul Sister