Menopause and Prolapse and Spotting

Body: 

I am 55 years old, it's been about 2 years since I have had a period. Lately I have had some spotting. This concerns me because I don't know if it is normal with the uterine prolapse or normal after menopause or if it's something to worry about. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Hi baby blue,
Any kind of unusual bleeding should get checked out by a physician. None of us are qualified to give you advice about this. Sorry for your troubles, but at least you can get some piece of mind if you go in and get it checked out.

I was worried someone might say that.

Thin, dry vaginal tissue that is easily irritated, is not uncommon after menopause. The best remedy for this would be Christine's honey treatment.

A prolapsed uterus where the cervix spends most of its time outside of the body, is also easily irritated. The best remedy for this would be to get to work on Whole Woman posture and tools to help keep it inside as much as possible.

However, the term "spotting" does imply more than just a little superficial irritation, so if that is indeed what you would call it, I agree it might need to be checked out. If it's only been a couple of years since your last period, it most likely isn't anything unusual, but as AG says, we can't advise you on this. - Surviving