Maybe a Little Bit of Added Support / Assistance with Staining

Body: 

Well, I am spending much time learning here! But, also I am being an online determined shopper. Mission to find things that might ease my journey.

So, here goes:

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Charcoal-Menstrual-Reusable-Sanitary/dp/B00...

[the company manufacturing these have other size and material combos, I believe. I just saved this one link out]

I thought these might give some extra support (adding them in, along with the no name supporter I currently have - for doing chores outside and hiking).

And, my underpants are staining some from the honey and oil (not totally clearing in the laundry). Plus, commercial patty liners can make me itch and their "material" irritates me and makes me feel like I might have a bit of infection/dermatitis when I wear them.

I like the idea that you don't throw these away after one use! And may feel a bit warmer down below during the Winter.?

What's the WW opinion? Anyone tried these? Any other suggestions?

[not an advertiser/marketer .... just a senior trying to find things to make life happier/easier now]

Forum:

Reusable sanitary napkins along with diapers have been a going trend for many years now. Not only better for your skin, but the environment as well.
I think it's a great idea, and would be a great replacement for a panty liner. I see these things on Etsy all the time.

Dang ... lost another post again. Re-posting.

Thank you for your reply, Aging Gracefully!

My skin likes the idea and I love that they are good for the environment! I will do a trial order -- long, long time since I had to think about panty liners, etc. Oh well.

I'll have to check Etsy out.

Thank you, again.

Hi
These look like what my friend made me and I found that they still caused me to feel like I had an infection as they did not breath with the waterproof backing. I put a few little cuts in the backing and thought that helped. That material is still meant to breathe I think. It is probably the stuff used in cloth nappies.

Back in Time, I also get the feeling from synthetic products that I am getting an infection or irritated. I have always had this so interesting to know I am not the only one. I feel this in clothing too.

I think all natural cloth products are worth a try though. As my flow is not that heavy I use cotton rags and find it ok. I've just cut them from old flannel sheets or the like. I tend to use old undies at that time too. I like you, do just try and find what works for me.

Thank you for the post, ActiveandLapsed!!

That is all good to know. If I order, I will get the smallest amount that is allowed to order; and test it out. [having a POP on board is not cheap ... I never budgeted for all this!]

Me too .... I am glad to know that I'm not the only one, -- thank you! Same with clothes and undies for me, too. I must stop checking/touching my undies while I'm in them to evaluate the bulge... that can cause an irritation. :(

Cotton rags -- that's what our grandmoms, great grandmoms had available. Probably the best still now.

I have made my own for years and sold some on Etsy. Mine are a round design with magnet closures or hook and loop. They have a bamboo fleece next to the skin and a PUL waterproof layer (basically the same system as cloth diapers).
Women I've given/sold them too report immediate results in the comfort levels of their period - from less bleeding to pain relief - likely due to the lack of chemicals in disposable brands. I've also had them used for incontinence and post-partum.
There is a huge following now and I would encourage shopping on Etsy to support entrepreneurs.

Devra

P.S. To clarify, I do not offer these currently for sale but there are likely many like it on Etsy and I am not attempting to sell any items on this forum. I like shopping that site because it supports smaller businesses rather than the larger companies like Amazon, though they have their place too. My other comments on their effectiveness was to share testimony to their benefits, not to further effect a "sale".
Sorry for any confusion on that. I try to be concise on my posts but realize that sometimes a few more words are necessary! :)

Derva -- thank you for your post! This sounds good. I will go to Etsy and look.

Hi EmaD74 - since you are just newly registered on the site, and this is your first post, I will take the liberty to caution you that this forum is not a place to sell your wares. We do, however, appreciate any contributions to our discussion of prolapse management and related issues. Let us know if you have any interest or questions about the Whole Woman work. - Surviving

If you'll read what I wrote, I'm not selling my products. In fact, I don't have anything listed on Etsy at this time nor will I likely in the future - but since the first post included Amazon, I was merely suggesting a more "sustainable" site for shopping. I was mentioning the difference in products for educational purposes and attempting to show there are more options than just the big Amazon mogul - which I shop often! :)
I hope that clarifies and I will watch how I word things in the future. Perhaps include a disclaimer to confirm I am not selling any products but offering further information on a particular product that might meet the poster's needs.
Thanks!

Thank you for clarifying and also for editing your original post. When brand-new members sign up, it is usually to discuss prolapse and the Whole Woman work. We don't know you and it doesn't seem like that's why you're here. But you are certainly welcome to post provided you have read our intro page and understand what Whole Woman is all about. - Surviving

Edit, I see you have introduced yourself on another post, thanks!