Vaginal Bulging after Surgery

Body: 

Hello I am new here. I found this site searching for information and answers. I had a urethral sling placed about 41/2 years ago and have been suffering pain and intimacy disfunction ever since. I had no type of prolapse but stress incontinence. I recently had part of the sling removed and now I have something bulging from the vagina. I have asked surgeon about it and he says I may have a prolapse. He did not elaborate on what type. He did not tell me this was a risk in the consent I signed and I am now very scared. It is very uncomfortable and I am not sure how I am going to return to work as I am on my feet for 10 hours a day. I am also having more incontinence now than ever and they want to inject a silicone bulking agent around my urethra. I have researched that and decided I am not going to have silicone injected into my body. No more foreign material in my body! I am scared to have anymore surgery but think my mesh nightmare is not over. I am wondering if the whole woman program will help in light of the fact I have had surgical alterations and have had mesh cut out of me. If so where should I start?

Hi bellarose and welcome,
Whole woman is for everyone, even those who have had surgeries. Christine actually had a bladder surgery that caused a severely prolapsed uterus.

We do need to caution you since you have had surgery to take this work gently and slowly, really paying attention to how how body feels as you proceed with the work.

The best start is Christine's Saving the Whole Woman book and the First Aid for Prolapse DVD. You may also want to look into the urinary incontinence program.

You can start simply with just a product or you can get a bundle, whatever works for you best.

Take some time and read around this site; there is a lot of great introduction material here to help you better understand what whole woman is all about.