General Question about website use

Body: 

I have frequently read on the site recently that people are struggling to afford to buy the ww materials and note the discussion recently has revolved around 'what is posture?' because the video that used to be free to access has been taken down.
I think its a real shame that the posture demo video is no longer available on here. I was lucky to be able to buy the baton, the book and two DVDs plus pay import taxes to get my materials when I first joined the site but now i would really really struggle and have to think very carefully before buying anything that was conceptually new to me.
I for one would rather pay an annual membership fee to get forum access than think that new members are unable to access a clear postural visual when they come here. When I joined, I watched the online video first and still ordered materials. I'm sure there's a good reason a subscription fee hasn't been set up but I think when we were able to post links to the clip it really clicked fast with newbies. The forum is a GOLDMINE of information but some people are visual learners who need extra by way of explanation.

The website and forum are not here to train women in Whole Woman posture and tools. That's what Christine's materials are for. The forum is here for on-going support and exchange of ideas amongst users, or to answer questions from new members who are considering this path. - Surviving

fair enough. In my case the original clips I saw motivated me to make additional purchases. I wonder how many other women were inspired to do the same.

And, how much revenue do you think was lost because of that clip?

Of course, there are going to be people that we feel bad for that can't buy the materials, but you have to consider that Christine and Lanny are not independently wealthy people either. Whatever sales they make is what is keeping this site and forum available.

Other sites don't even have a forum that people can come to and complain about the price of the products. I can see why now.

There are tons of video clips, photographs, diagrams and discussion all throughout this site, forum and blog. Please, let's not look for ways to nickel and dime Christine and Lanny, to whom we all owe such a huge debt of gratitude that we could never repay. - Surviving

Totally agree Miss Diagnosed. No one is disputing that the hard work and research of the founder should not be rewarded in every possible way, including of course monetarily.
However, I think that a basic initial video such as you mention used to be on the site would do two things, firstly to enable people to see a bit of what the program and concept are about rather than just suggesting (if there are videos and direct info on the forum some links would be great please) Many people are not happy or able to just fork out money for something they know very little about
It would also enable women who are terrified and want to put their trust in something, (often when being pressured by medics to follow the conventional route) and feel they are at least starting to help themselves and build a little trust in the program whilst they save for the DVDs etc.
I myself am currently lying here, feeling worried about what I can do to help myself, how long it will be before I can afford the First Aid DVD then how long it will take to get to the UK.
I for one would not be deterred from buying the materials I will need for life by having one simple online video to get me on my way.

This is the video that told me everything that I needed to hear before committing to my first purchase. It is right on the Resources page and it absolutely tells the WW story. - Surviving

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

There are initial introductory videos, including the one surviving has mentioned, as well as on utube. The video that was taken down showed a couple of sections from the First Aid for Prolapse. That is the only video that was taken down that I know of.

This site was set up for woman to help themselves with loads of basic information to be found and then some, but you actually have to do some looking around, and not expect us to just give you all the answers on the forum. Its your body and your responsibility.

Remember that WW offers nice discounts/sales from time to time. There is simply no reason for anyone to deny themselves the resources that they need to seriously pursue this lifestyle. It's just not quick and easy, no matter how much we might wish that it was. That's all I have left to say on this topic! - Surviving