Additional breathing tips

Body: 

Sorry for so many different posts, I've started the book and watched first aid for prolapse and oh the questions!

I cannot seem to breathe right for WWP! :-/ Any additional tips on how to relax the belly and break the years of "suckling in" habit so I can breathe properly?!

Also I was watching my two girls do the video with me and noticed my 2 yr old her ankles go in, pronate. How can I help her stand properly?

Thanks!

Forum:

Hi Ugly Duckling,
When I started I found that my abdominal muscles would not allow the lower belly breathing easily, so you are not alone in this.
Over time this became easier, and I read that Christine talks of breathing into the upper belly as well, and found that doing the breathing from the lower belly and then under the lower ribs in each breath much easier.
Just keep your shoulders DOWN.
Most of us used to breath while holding in the lower belly as tight as possible - me included and that led to upper chest breathing and shoulder lifting, and I used to mouth breath most of the time especially at night...I fixed that and never mouth breath even while running.

By constantly breathing the WWway, you will stretch the tightened outer muscles and fascia muscle layer underneath making it easier to breath.

The posture and breathing is the most important foundation to anything you will do WW - the exercises will help...the breathing ones are on the DVD.
Re -read Surviving's post link below to you and practice the posture constantly, and soon you will be a beautiful Whole Woman Swan...
https://wholewoman.com/forum/comment/53990#comment-53990

With your child's feet, I haven't had to deal with that with my children, however I would say whenever possible allow a childhood with bare feet as much as possible.
Christine talks of her bare foot childhood...
Make sure that any shoes are very flexible and flat with a wide toe box so that their feet are not shaped by the shoe.
We are meant to put our weight evenly on the whole foot, so maybe your child needs some checking to see if anything exercise wise or foot wear wise can help.

I have observed since doing WW children with inflexible shoes who are trying to walk with their full foot not being allowed to flex from the heel to the toes and they end up walking flat footed.

The other things are clothes with enough room for them to sit cross legged as much as possible and often young children lie with their hips turned out like a frog..so good for their hips.

Some children sit with legs in front on the side of their knees, and legs bent back - they look like the letter M from behind. Knees at the top of the M and feet at the bottom of the M...their bottom on the floor in the middle....This is really detrimental for their development.
Two of my relatives did that and they walk strangely and one fell a lot down stairs at railway stations and (a miracle they were not hurt or killed) in their late teens and early twenties.
Now that I think of it they tend to walk with their knees going inward a bit and with their feet leaning inward.... a bit pigeon toed as well, one more than the other....
Hope this helps,
Best wishes,
Aussie Soul Sister

I am going to focus the breathing all the time and hopefully the tips yall shared will help me achieve WW breathing sooner than later! I have noticed an improvement already so I must not be screwing it up as bad as I think I am. :-)

My 2

My 2 yr old practically never sits criss cross applesauce and is often found sitting in the M position. Maybe that's why she's having the pronation... She is barefoot often though, even playing outside I let them run barefoot some. We live in apartments so I make them wear shoes more so than if it was our own yard due to broken glass and cigarette buds. :-/

I will keep an eye out and encourage more criss cross leg sitting with her.