dangers of whole woman

Body: 

on another forum for prolapse support Ww is taboo. Allegedly it can be dangerous. What are they talking about? All I have started with is postute cuz Im new n waiting for my salary but what I see around here all seems very reasonable and inspiring.

Whole Woman teachings have attracted much criticism over the years, because they turn all the traditional approaches to prolapse treatment completely upside down. Time, and thousands of women, have proven those critics to be wrong, of course. Those who have already had surgeries, in particular, have a personal stake in seeing Christine's teachings debunked. All we can do here, is continue to spread the word to anyone who is open-minded enough to listen. I feel sorry for the rest of them! - Surviving

PS; As for the "dangers", whoever is claiming that will have to be the one to explain it.

I always attract to controvertial approaches. Only thing I dislike is being quiet and secretive.

I may just be having a good day, but I just started the video series a week ago...with emphasis on keeping my posture more erect, with shoulders back etc. And while my prolapse isn't severe, I couldn't walk more than 10 minutes since the end of February without feeling the pressure. This morning I walked for 1/2 hour and cannot feel the prolapse!!! Hope this just isn't a fluke...remaining hopeful and happy.

Hi Felicity,

The pelvic outlet is at the back of the body and the pelvic organs are positioned at the front. By learning to hold your organs forward, you quickly realize they cannot so easily fall out the back. The huge problem has been a misinterpretation of female anatomy! We don't have a soft-tissue pelvic floor. Our strong bony pelvic floor is underneath us in-between our legs. It is true that our pubic bones are located more at the back of the body than the front. The pubic mound in front is composed of huge, strong tendons that attach the inner thigh muscles and outer abs to the fronts of the pubic bones.

It is time all women find this out for themselves, which is the easiest thing in the world to do. Next time you are standing naked with clean hands, reach just inside your vagina and you will feel the back of your pubic bones right there underneath your body! There is no argument about it and it is absolutely self-evident. The pubic bones are part of a perfect bony circle turned on its edge, which distributes the tremendous pressures and weight of the upper body through the pelvis and hips. The pelvic organs are supported by the rounded lower belly, not a pelvic floor. In the condition of prolapse, the organs are pushed backward and through the pelvic outlet.

The WW work is based on moving the organs forward where they are pinned into position by the forces of intraabdominal pressure. There is no other anatomic response to prolapse. The organs have fallen back and the solution is to move them forward, which we do with posture, exercise, and breathing.

Pity the silly women who are still trying to convince others to follow an old, erroneous paradigm. Most of them are tied to the medical system either by profession or as surgically managed patients. Sigh.

Keep up the good work.

Christine

Keep shoulders down and make sure you aren't pulling them back military-style. Lift and open the chest, but also keep the upper back flat and broad. Every individual element of WW posture has a purpose in creating proper alignment.

I had my posture assessed two years ago at the WW conference. At that time, in an effort NOT to pull my shoulders back, I was actually rounding them forward more than I should have. So now, I remind myself, belly relaxed, shoulders DOWN, chest lifted and OPEN.

It's not unusual to feel less symptomatic in such a short time. It's also very normal to have setbacks, it all comes with the territory. Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. - Surviving

& thank you for that wonderful succinct explanation Christine!
Basically - The proof is in the pudding, as they say in the UK! If any woman with pelvic organ prolapse is negative about the WW approach, maybe suggest they try it! It's a totally healthy approach so no harm would come of it!

I am living evidence that all the above advice is true. I have used the wholewoman posture,dvds and advice for the past two years and it has given me my ,very active, life back. The trouble is that although I try to tell friends about the truth here they just assume that I do not have a 'proper' prolapse and that is why I seem happy healthy and fit compared to them. However I have a severe
bladder prolapse and was offered an op on the NHS years ago! I have one aquaintance who has had her life style severely limited because she had a 'hammock type sling 'inserted by an operation. She has been allergic to the materials and had many horrid problems as a result. It is sad that only certain women seem to be open to new thinking and do not research to find the natural answer to things. We have been brain washed to accept operations and the risks involved r greatly played down . Who would not try a change of posture instead of an operation?!

Thanks for the explanation Christine.

Thanks Surviving60...I'm working on it.

Yes! I was out walking wearing my little one. An insanely long walk for somebody with prolapse. I had a hard time finding WW posture with him sleeping on my belly. And as I am new to it all and still have not been able to purchase (soon soon) dvds books etc I am no pro at posture as it is. Sure enough my bladder and my colon started peeking out of my opening. I squatted down and pushed it all back in (in the forest) and then took a deep breath and experimented with improving my posture and my walking. Can't wait to see how to really do it. But what I did worked. My organs remained put for the rest of the walk.

So the more my body snaps into grid with the ww posture the happier I feel. This is awesome. It totally helps the prolapse as well.

I confronted the matter of taboo on WW in a Pop forum. Besides all of the ridiculous prejudices and preconceptions people have of WW, there were some people who claimed to have tried and not gotten helped. Are there some types or grades of prolapse that WW is less than effective for? I can't help but think that these women just never found the right ww posture or didn't really understand the whole thing right.

Hi Joyure,
Whole Woman posture helps as long as the effort is put into it. I think some people are just looking for a quick fix, and when they don't get it, they give up too easily.
I have a severely prolapsed uterus, the worst of prolapses, and this work has helped me tremendously, but it did take time and patience to get there. And, it didn't happen all at once, but in stages of progression as my body molded back into it's natural posture.
So glad I found this site and Christine's work.

I think in some circles, there is also a misconception that WW posture is a contrivance of sorts, an invention by Christine. It is not. It is natural human posture, rediscovered, and one has only to look at young children to realize this. Snapping into grid - great description! So glad you are doing well, thank you for sharing your results. - Surviving

Hi Joyure,
How severely was your uterus prolapsed? Was there a bladder prolapse also? Did it ever feel like there was a 4 pound tennis ball between your legs? Did you find that at times of stress the prolapse seemed worse?

Mine is the cervix sticking out kind of severe prolapse, and it has felt very heavy at times. And yes stress can be hell on prolapse too. I think when stressed we tend to go out of posture more and hold our breath or breath more in the chest. At least I do that!
My uterus doesn't feel as heavy anymore since doing the whole woman work with a fair amount of jiggling and firebreathing to help me along the way.

Hi. I don't know how seriously it is prolapsed. It is in different places every day. =) Mostly my bladder and my colon were caving in, keeping my uterus from falling out. Now I feel the pressure from uterus more because it seems my colon and my bladder are not there so much, after a week or so of ww.
I'm still really new to WW but I like it. I like the liberating feeling of the posture, and the point about the pelvic organs falling into the belly and laying at an angle to their exits. It all makes so much sense.

I have the first aid video how can I learn more about the breathing? Haven't gone thru the workouts does it explain there? Thanks Christine oh and what about when they say muscles and such are stretched out and can never heal?

Go through the whole program, including the dictionary of movements. Everything you need to know about posture and breathing is there. - Surviving