matristem

Body: 

Does anyone know about this alternative to transvaginal mesh? Made from a pig bladder by ACell. Are the problems the same with this 'mesh?' My cervix is out so far that I feel like I have to urinate all the time. Having a hard time dealing with this.
Thanks,

Hi Shirley,
I am sorry to say that surgery is surgery, no matter what you are using to tack things up in there, so it is really up to you where you want to go from here.
I know having a severely prolapsed uterus can be hard to deal with, but it can also be quite manageable using the right tools. You did say you had Christine's book, but haven't told us if you have had a chance to try the work. The posture, exercises, jiggling and firebreathing, daily honey, and the V2 can all help in managing a severely prolapsed uterus, but that effort must come from you.
At least give it another look before settling on a irreversible surgery.
Best wishes to you.

I have just heard of the pig bladder as an alternative to the mesh. The sister of a good friend of mine had a prolapsed bladder - 30 years ago and they used pig bladder. She never had a problem. This was done in France I believe. Another friend's mom had a prolapsed uterus about 25 years ago and I was going to call her because she also had surgery and never had any problems. (she lives in Germany and had the surgery there). I have been good about the exercises and the posture and even got a V2 but if my back goes out (some collagen loss and osteo stuff and I am 70). I cannot wear that V2 - too much pressure and abdominal pain. Also I wonder if the uterus (like a 5 pound tennis ball at times) does not weigh on my back at those times when I have pain in it from doing something stupid like lifting something heavy and twisting it the wrong way. I walk daily - about 3 miles. It is sort of a vicious circle. I have been holding onto this uterus since 1992. I do have to admit it comes and goes with stress. Would love to work out some sort of design for a support that was different than the V2. Something that maybe would go over my shoulders and not around my waist and it would have a pad or inverted cup under the prolapse - so at least I did not feel it was going to fall out on the sidewalk. Maybe a kind of chastity belt (-;

Are you sure you have a V2? Because mine does not go over my belly. but under it. It does seem more like those old security belts we used to use to keep sanitary pads in place, but a little wider in places. I wear mine low in the belly and pulled up on the sides over my hips with no problems. Maybe the size is different?

My doctor also suggested either the MonaLisa laser treatments or a surgery that saves but folds and sews my uterus back up. For now I don't feel comfortable with either option. The laser would supposedly allow me to wear a pessary again but I found conflicting info on that ( stage 3). Not sure if anyone else here has tried or considered the laser. Too new for me.
I have the DVD. Tried the posture and exercises several years ago but gave up. Will try again. It just hurts so much to walk - - and I am usually very active.