Lifestyle and WW posture

Body: 

I'm finding it really difficult to maintain WW posture, like, ever :( Unless I'm sitting at the table for meals, basically. I'm realizing how much of my time is spent slouching but it seems impossible to change it. Examples- driving in the car, sitting on the couch while nursing, sitting in the rocking chair holding my toddler for naps, leaned over the kitchen counters cooking, etc. So that's basically my whole day! What is a person to do?

Forum:

Hi kiwi,
Many of our postpartum moms have had these concerns on the forum. If you put breast feeding and some other key words in the search box you can find some really good posts from them.
It may also be time for you to invest in the book and/or First Aid for Prolapse DVD. These both have great sections on living in whole woman posture and daily routines. It's actually very good for new moms to get up and moving in posture as part of the healing process after having a baby.
And, remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, so the same is for developing your body into posture. Don't force it, rest when you need to, and your body will slowly but surely find its way back to its natural form.

Here is a oldy but goody:

https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/33

.......is the pits! You will find lots of posts on this. Christine even suggests in one of her videos, that we limit our driving, but that is simply not a possibility for most of us. Car seats are notoriously bad, and the angle of our bodies and simultaneous moving of our feet are a strain. The best thing to do is be diligent about supporting our lower backs. Get a cushion or pillow (or rolled-up sweatshirt or whatever is handy) to place in the small of your back. I have a daily commute of about 25 minutes each way, and I am often lazy and skip this step, but it all adds up!

Trust us when we say, most of this can become quite automatic with time. But there will always be times you have to stop yourself. Just yesterday, in my office, I was working on a project with one set of papers on my desk and another on a chair, and I was working back and forth, repeatedly bending over one set of papers without bothering to take care with my bending position. After awhile I not only felt tired all over, but my 'celes were complaining. When I took the time to correct my body position, I could feel them returning to where they belonged.

It's a process! Good luck and don't become discouraged. - Surviving