champagnesky9516 Is it safe to get pregnant?

Body: 

I am a thirty-year old woman, never pregnant, just discovering I have bladder prolapse. Is it safe to have sex? And is it safe to try to get pregnant? I've been running and doing yoga since I was in high school; I haven't exercised in over a year because I am experiencing incontinence issues (now know why!), and I'm worried I won't be able to continue living my life as I used to. I want to be active and have a family; I wish I wouldn't have waited so long before considering these things now.

Hi champagnesky and welcome,
Sex is actually very helpful for prolapse, and many of our mothers have had repeat preganacies while having prolapse.
The best thing to do now is do some serious reading around on this site and get started with the whole woman work. It's an eye opening and life changing experience.

Thank you, Aging Gracefully! I've already begun reading on the site and will be ordering some books and DVDs. I'm so grateful for a community like this! My fiancé and I are getting married in September, and I've been so worried about our honeymoon and the rest of our lives, actually. But I'm feeling more reassured that life can still be "normal" with prolapse. Thank you again!

I'm 28 years old and had a prolapse about 8 months ago (because of a cough!) I'm in shape and a healthy eater. I was TERRIFIED when I found out. I feel your pain. Luckily I'm realizing life's not over (actually, nothing much has changed). Sex is still about the same, and my husband and I are planning to get pregnant this year! PLUS- this website offers some amazing support!