post hysterectomy/bladder suspension 3 years ago

Body: 

I currently have frequent bladder infections which I never did before and the NP says I have a minor cystocele again. I also have hip/groin pain with any exercise like activity. where am I now? what am I suppose to do. I would love to ride my bike and do water exercises and yoga without pain. I can walk ok. but this situation severely limits me. does anybody know where im coming from? any suggestions?

Hi hobiekat and welcome to the Forum. The conditions you describe are all quite common in the years following hysterectomy and repairs. Doctors never tell you about all this, which is why women need to do their own research before going under the knife. Resources such as Whole Woman and the HERS Foundation have been around for quite some time now, trying to get this message out. Those like yourself who have the experience can play an important role in educating the next generation.

The natural dynamics of pelvic organ support can't be completely restored after this much alteration, but the WW postural work is still your best bet now, as you must train your body gently to hold the remaining organs as far forward as possible. This is what returning to natural human posture is all about. Do some reading around the site, especially the discussions in the Hysterectomy and Post-Surgery sections of the Forum. Consider getting Christine's Fundamentals videos:

http://www.wholewomanstore.com/Whole-Woman-Fundamentals--Posture-and-Toi...

In the Posture module she makes reference to a post-hysterectomy video, which has not yet hit the WW Store. It is the next big release and getting close. So stay tuned, you will hear about this release when it happens. It will help you greatly with posture, exercise and lifestyle information that will help improve your life, with a better understanding of what you can and can't do safely. Best of luck to you in this journey. - Surviving

I don't think I had much choice about the surgery. I had a prolapsed cervix for 28yrs then my bladder fell into the uterus so it was surgery or try a pessary. I will stay tuned for the video release thank-you.

Hobiekat, this response to your last post is not directed at you, but rather at any other new readers who might be misled by your comment that three years ago, you had no choice about surgery.

An important part of our message here at WW is that prolapse itself is not a reason for surgery, not a reason to give up your uterus, and likely as not will be the cause of other worse problems. Christine herself had a profoundly prolapsed uterus directly caused by an ill-advised bladder suspension. She was determined to save her uterus, and worked and studied diligently for years to develop and share these methods which have been so life-changing for thousands of women who were fortunate enough to find their way here, over the course of the last decade and more. - Surviving