New here

Body: 

I am 66 years old and had cervical cancer two years ago. I had radiation and chemo and so far I am cancer free. I wish I had known about this site years ago. I had fibroid tumors 15 years ago and doctor put me on low dose birth control pills because I was having heavy bleeding. He told me that once I went through menopause the fibroid tumors would probably shrink and I wouldn't have any more problems. went through menopause when I was 56. Didn't have any night sweats, hot flashes or any other symptoms other than periods stopped. Had normal pap smears until four years ago. Four years ago when I went for pap smear, it came back abnormal. Woman gyno told me that I was low on estrogen after doing blood work. She gave me an Estring to use. She told me to come back in three months and have another pap smear. I did not like the Estring and only left it in for a little over 30 days. Two years ago I started spotting and went to family doctor. I told her that I had been spotting off and on for several months. She did not examine me. I had an appointment made to see a woman gyno but it was over a month away from my primary doctors appointment. The primary doctor asked me if I had seen a gyno and I told her that I had an appointment but it was over a month away. She didn't do anything but tell me to follow up with gyno. Well three weeks after seeing this female primary care quack, I started hemorrhaging and my daughter took me to ER. I was admitted and five days and later told I had stage 3 cervical cancer. I have been going every three months to the gyno oncologist since being cancer free to have pap smears. I was diagnosed with Lichen sclerosus three months ago. When I went to my three month checkup last week, the doctor said he wanted me to come back in three weeks. He said he saw a spot that could be the Lichen Sclerosus or something else. I am really getting tired of going to the doctor and feel like cancelling the appointment for three week follow up. I have some radiation damage from the radiation as it is. I have been using the raw honey twice a day since last week. I know my post is long. I feel the doctors should have found the cervical cancer earlier through pap smears and didn't. I had to remind the doctor that he had diagnosed the lichen sclerosus three months ago when he did a biopsy. I am thinking about going in six months instead of paying money I can't really afford to go back in three weeks for him to realize that it is just the lichen sclerosus. He mentioned three months ago he could prescribe a steroid cream. I told him no. He is not a bad doctor but he thinks first about hormones and strong medications. I am just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences. I really don't have much faith in doctors.

Hi nana - I have no personal experience to share, and of course we don't give medical advice here.......but I am inclined to suggest that you simply keep treating with the raw honey for awhile and see how things go. He's given you a diagnosis and we know how HE wants to treat it; I don't see a reason for you to run back there so soon for him to have another look. I thinks it's OK to follow your instincts on this one. That is my personal opinion only. Best of luck to you and let us know what happens. - Surviving

I have been using the raw honey twice a day and sometimes three times a day now. It already feels better. I have also ordered red clover to make a tea. My gynecologist office called me yesterday to tell me that the pap smear from September 6th was normal. I felt it would be and wasn't worried about it. I have changed my diet and added herbs. I told doctors office that I was cancelling appointment for follow up and reminded them that three months ago they had diagnosed me with lichen sclerosus. At that time they offered me estrogen or steroids. This latest visit they offered me steroid treatment. I will continue using the raw honey. Yes, my instincts said to cancel appointment and treat the LS with raw honey. Thank you for your feed back. I have finally realized that I need to make the decisions about my health, not just blindly follow what a doctor says.

Congrats on the progress, nana - I'm hoping you have turned a corner and are well on your way to safe and natural relief. Thanks for the reminder......doctors can do marvelous things, but women's pelvic health is not exactly an area where they shine. - Surviving